Suspension Questions

• Sponsors (?)

Are you looking for better handling for street use only or are you interested in autocross? There are better parts out there than the FRPP or the other kits. I started with a Roush kit on my car, I was happy with it for street use, but for autocross I ended up replacing the shocks and struts. I would have gone with something else had I known better. Do plenty of research before you buy anything.

Im looking at getting some new shocks, struts, and lowering springs. I was looking at the frpp shocks and struts with the frpp progressive 1" lowering springs. Is this a good suspension, and does anyone know how it compares to a roush stage 3 suspension.

Honestly, both the FRPP & RS3 kits make a HUGE difference in handling, but these are not the last word in HPDE suspension setups.

Rest assured, however, that either would make an impressive improvement in handling. That said, I'd recommend the use of an adjustable pan hard bar with either kit to center the rear end with the body after lowering. :nice:

Yes i am looking for mostly street use. My other question is i wanna go with the 20" roush rims. How much should i lower the car, but at the same time not lower ride quality. Im looking at either 1" or 1.5".

You're gonna notice a difference in ride. There's no way around that. It's purely subjective, but I think that a 1-1.5" drop is the perfect balance of improved handling without dramatically deteriorating the ride quality.

Rear control arms also make a significant improvement in handling (as do the springs) but even then you can feel the road a little more with them.