T-5 to AOD Swap

95CobraStang

Jan 21, 2004
Chico, CA
Now don't everyone think I'm crazy; I have a good reason for this.

I would like to know how difficult it would be to put in an AOD/AODE into a 95 Cobra and maybe what kind of cost I'm looking at. I want a very good street/strip tranny w/ a nice firm shift (ie. i want to be chirping 2nd and 3rd easily, I think I have the power)

As I said, I have a good reson for this....I'm recovering from a broken neck and the last thing to recover is my right arm...damn shifting arm!!

Any advice on things such as tranny types (AOD/AODE/EVEN C-4), torque converters, etc.. And one last thing, how will the speedo be affected?

Thanks in advance for any help, it's my first post to this forum.

• Sponsors (?)

I would say look into a Lentech built automatic, i think that they build a good AOD, at least from what i hear. As far as the speedo, just make sure that the gear that is put in is the same one currently in it, as it attaches to the output shaft, on the auto, and the t-5. so as long as it is the same size, tooth count, it should work. you will have to go to an auto computer, and an auto wire harness, you would need a good trany cooler etc. Just some stuff that popped into my head some of it may be wrong but i don't think so. lol