Taking a trip... take the Stang or no?

I'm going to Maine for a little college reunion party in 2 weeks. It's about a 300 mile drive. I wouldn't take any other car other than the stang.

It's great on the highway with the stock 3.27's. 75MPH is about 2000RPM and it just cruises effortless at that speed and still gets 25-27MPG doing it.

It's almost like it's made for the highway. I love driving it on trips. Feels like driving a fighter jet (ok not really but it's just so smooth and take very little effort to cruise at 80+MPH)

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm... just added one more person to the trip, so that means someone has to use the back seat... hahahaha.

For some reason I think they rather have the back of the Jeep than the Stang, but I kind of want to take the Stang...:shrug:

take the jeep... to much chance for something bad to happen to the stang. and on the camaro.. they have waaay moreeg room.. but the mustang has a ton more elbow room. I took my f-body buddy for a ride awhile back and we got into this discussion. we both agreed.

I dont like riding shotgun in the F bodys....darn huge hump in the floor is pretty annoying :nonono: . Driving it though is another story...has a different fell than the stang. Seems like its effortless to excellerate from 1000RPM in 6th gear....plenty of lowend torque and a very smooth engine. For a LONG trip, the F body would probably be better becase of the seats.

Its almost a cheap yet comfortable feeling lol....but back on topic, I would take my stang over a jeep anyday. :nice:

Looks like im taking the Stang. Deciding factor is pretty much gas mileage.

60 to fill up the Jeep, 300-345 miles to the tank. 345 being nothing but highway for half a tank.

38 to fill up the Mustang 300-320 miles to the tank. May be better on the interstates and whatnot.

hotmustang331 said:
I dont like riding shotgun in the F bodys....darn huge hump in the floor is pretty annoying :nonono: . Driving it though is another story...has a different fell than the stang. Seems like its effortless to excellerate from 1000RPM in 6th gear....plenty of lowend torque and a very smooth engine. For a LONG trip, the F body would probably be better becase of the seats.

Its almost a cheap yet comfortable feeling lol....but back on topic, I would take my stang over a jeep anyday. :nice:

Riding shotgun in the Stang aint fun either but its more comfy than the F-body :nice: :flag: :SNSign:

I don't understand. :scratch:

Are the roads really bad? Do you expect or anticipate to go off road with your car?

Unless you're driving... a Saleen, or a Roush... you know what, even still.

UNLESS you're driving a Ferrari which you know will get 4 miles per gallon and requires a tune up every 55 feet... I never EVER understood why people don't drive their stangs everywhere.

I took my stang up north 9 hours (one way) without hesitating. My car may not be brand new, but I guarantee you'll struggle to find a cleaner '94 than mine.

My point is, my car is touchless, and i want to be seen in my mustang. I don't want to be seen in any other car.
I want people to see me drive my MUSTANG, no matter where I am. :nice:

Caldwell said:
I don't understand. :scratch:

Are the roads really bad? Do you expect or anticipate to go off road with your car?

Unless you're driving... a Saleen, or a Roush... you know what, even still.

UNLESS you're driving a Ferrari which you know will get 4 miles per gallon and requires a tune up every 55 feet... I never EVER understood why people don't drive their stangs everywhere.

I took my stang up north 9 hours (one way) without hesitating. My car may not be brand new, but I guarantee you'll struggle to find a cleaner '94 than mine.

My point is, my car is touchless, and i want to be seen in my mustang. I don't want to be seen in any other car.
I want people to see me drive my MUSTANG, no matter where I am. :nice:

that's the one thing that sucks when you get a rental. I felt weird driving an ugly hyundai when i got a rental for a 9 hr trip.
still got honks which was really weird. :shrug:

I've decided now...when my car is paid off & i buy a new car, i'm gonna put a new engine & tranny in her anyway so why worry about miles! Now with that clear paint protection keeps the car lookin good. :)

02GTdroptop said:
I drove my Mustang from California to Texas in 2 1/2 days. 1,855 miles.

'Nuff said. :)

I drove my Saleen from Indianapolis to Corpus Christi and cruised the hell out of it for 3 days and then came right back :D 2500 miles :eek:

Same deal to Colorado but only 2100 miles that time :nonono: No more long trips for me.

Yeah we took the Stang, it was great. A little cramped for who had to ride in the back, but o well. With 3 people, some luggage and the A/C on I managed right at 24mpg or so doing about 75-80 most of the way, but at first we had some chitty stop and go traffic. Not too bad.

Caldwell- Only reason I was a little hesitant about taking the Mustang was space and I didnt know what was up with my CEL being on and off. It wasnt a thing of "hurting" the car or worrying about messing it up. 3 people shoved in the Stang definatly isnt as comfortable as 3 people cruising in the Jeep. And gas mileage was a plus...:nice:

Oh, and stock gears FTW!!! Cruising at 80 was like 22-2300 RPM only.