Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg

So the springs for my waste gate come in 2 flavors: large and small.

Thanks, eBay. That's just what I needed. Very specific.

Reactions: 2 users
When I got my Chinee turbo kit it only came with 1 wastegate spring. I called the guy to ask why, as it was advertised that it came with a wide assortment. His response was, "It doesn't really matter, everybody just buys a boost controller anyway... You'd probably break it changing the springs out..." Yaaaay On3.

So, I bought one of these:https://m.summitracing.com/parts/tb...jjTsMex49WujgVjVE3fmxSZc7Mon3cCm3qhoCxHDw_wcB

Reactions: 1 users
I'm almost ashamed to type this, but I honestly didn't know any better.There's a little ring with a machined lip that's supposed to go in the bottom of the waste gate. I didn't realize this until last night.

The other day I posted a video on IG of the car running, but couldn't figure out why the car was still so loud up front. It's because the waste gate was basically open. DERP.

Anyway, I changed the oil last night (filter had some dirt, but not much glitter), welded up the waste gate clamp that broke, and reinstalled the waste gate the correct way. Damnit if the car isnt as quiet as when the stock 302 was in there, haha.

Only 2 issues left to fix:
- I have a coolant leak at the swivel fitting where the heater line comes out of the intake. Not sure how to fix that.
- since fixing the waste gate so the induction system works properly, the tune is waaaaaay off now and wont hardly run. Need to see about that, too.

Since I sold the transmission, it was going to sit for a while, so I talked the buyer into letting me keep it for a week or two longer for me to throw an old clutch into it so I can take it around the block once or twice at least before it sits indefinitely waiting on the new transmission. plus I can see how I like a turbo car with a manual transmission, haha

Reactions: 2 users
I'm almost ashamed to type this, but I honestly didn't know any better.There's a little ring with a machined lip that's supposed to go in the bottom of the waste gate. I didn't realize this until last night.

The other day I posted a video on IG of the car running, but couldn't figure out why the car was still so loud up front. It's because the waste gate was basically open. DERP.

Anyway, I changed the oil last night (filter had some dirt, but not much glitter), welded up the waste gate clamp that broke, and reinstalled the waste gate the correct way. Damnit if the car isnt as quiet as when the stock 302 was in there, haha.

Only 2 issues left to fix:
- I have a coolant leak at the swivel fitting where the heater line comes out of the intake. Not sure how to fix that.
- since fixing the waste gate so the induction system works properly, the tune is waaaaaay off now and wont hardly run. Need to see about that, too.

Since I sold the transmission, it was going to sit for a while, so I talked the buyer into letting me keep it for a week or two longer for me to throw an old clutch into it so I can take it around the block once or twice at least before it sits indefinitely waiting on the new transmission. plus I can see how I like a turbo car with a manual transmission, haha

Why is it sitting indefinitely waiting on a new transmission? I thought you said that you had purchased your Godfather's transmission?