Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

@Boosted92LX got me hooked on this Evaporust stuff now. Check out the bottom pic of a treated and non treated area!

xaxAPj.jpg

IUEAIN.jpg
*sigh*:nonono::nonono::nonono:

How long did your parts have to sit in that cat urine before they finally came clean?

(I'll answer that for you,..........HOURS!!!, OVERNIGHT!!!)

f5fdb419-d64d-430f-985e-2400003ccc2b_400.jpg

Probably a full 1/3rd of the price that you paid for that slow boat to China version.

Even the scaliest, rusted ass pieces come out clean in 15 minutes. Most pieces w/ standard surface rust are new metal clean in 5 minutes.

Want to get rid of galvanizing?
Put a part in there.
Want to get rid of Zinc plate?
Put it in there.

(Want to cough your brains out if you accidentally catch a whiff of the stuff?)

** And now a word from our sponsor**

Yes,..... Now you WWI history buffs can actually experience what it was like to get gassed in the trenches, all without leaving the driveway of your home. For as little as 9.95 (plus S&H), you can relive first hand what it must've been like to be exposed to a cloud of hydrochloric acid. Feel the panic, and immediate urgency to get clear of the deadly cloud w/o risk of permanent lung damage or death, simply by pouring this miracle solution from it's container into a glass, or corrosion proof plastic receptacle. Feel the slowly intensifying burn from any splashed residue that may get on your skin, knowing all the while that if any of it gets in your eyes, you'll suffer permanent vision loss.
But Wait!!
If you act in the next 5 minutes, well throw in a three pack of these completely worthless dust masks that you can wear to give you piece of mind that you are protecting yourself while using this miracle elixir. Just the ticket for protection against breathing in dust and particulates, these things wont do one damn bit of good for filtering out the fumes of this product.

But you'll feel safer, and that's all that counts.
8166080.jpg

*sigh*:nonono::nonono::nonono:

How long did your parts have to sit in that cat urine before they finally came clean?

(I'll answer that for you,..........HOURS!!!, OVERNIGHT!!!)

f5fdb419-d64d-430f-985e-2400003ccc2b_400.jpg

Probably a full 1/3rd of the price that you paid for that slow boat to China version.

Even the scaliest, rusted ass pieces come out clean in 15 minutes. Most pieces w/ standard surface rust are new metal clean in 5 minutes.

Want to get rid of galvanizing?
Put a part in there.
Want to get rid of Zinc plate?
Put it in there.

(Want to cough your brains out if you accidentally catch a whiff of the stuff?)

** And now a word from our sponsor**

Yes,..... Now you WWI history buffs can actually experience what it was like to get gassed in the trenches, all without leaving the driveway of your home. For as little as 9.95 (plus S&H), you can relive first hand what it must've been like to be exposed to a cloud of hydrochloric acid. Feel the panic, and immediate urgency to get clear of the deadly cloud w/o risk of permanent lung damage or death, simply by pouring this miracle solution from it's container into a glass, or corrosion proof plastic receptacle. Feel the slowly intensifying burn from any splashed residue that may get on your skin, knowing all the while that if any of it gets in your eyes, you'll suffer permanent vision loss.
But Wait!!
If you act in the next 5 minutes, well throw in a three pack of these completely worthless dust masks that you can wear to give you piece of mind that you are protecting yourself while using this miracle elixir. Just the ticket for protection against breathing in dust and particulates, these things wont do one damn bit of good for filtering out the fumes of this product.

But you'll feel safer, and that's all that counts.
8166080.jpg

73a61de68f67bd7e04eb3c7ca9a367d0.jpg

Here's a sailboat with no wind in it's sails.

THANKS FOR TAKING ALL THE WIND OUTTA THE SAILS MIKE.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't hate on me, blame @Boosted92LX .

I told him about this stuff months ago.

Sorry, Mike. I don't let my kids play with muriatic acid.. :)

But seriously.. you made several valid points on why NOT to use it. I know it works great, but the cat pi ss works overnight.. and it won't fry your lungs or your eyeballs out of your head. You can stir it with your finger.:shrug: I've been using the first gallon of evaporust I ever bought for over a year, and it's still working.. and it was only 20 bucks.. Sooo.. I don't see cost really being a valid argument either.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry, Mike. I don't let my kids play with muriatic acid.. :)

But seriously.. you made several valid points on why NOT to use it. I know it works great, but the cat pi ss works overnight.. and it won't fry your lungs or your eyeballs out of your head. You can stir it with your finger.:shrug: I've been using the first gallon of evaporust I ever bought for over a year, and it's still working.. and it was only 20 bucks.. Sooo.. I don't see cost really being a valid argument either.

So then, I guess you can let the kids play with the evaporust then?

Safe as water.

Works about as good too, and at only TWICE the cost of the good stuff.
All that, and it makes a perfect mixer for your evening cocktail.
;)

Reactions: 1 user
Got some more work done last night. First and foremost, I procured a new garage couch for FREEEE, so I moved that in. I feel like it really classes the place up, no?

upload_2015-10-15_17-2-19.png

Next, I tested the purge valve to make sure it still works (it did) and installed it behind the passenger side shock tower and ran the line to the back of the intake. All good on that now, and you can't really see any of it.

After that, I painted the A/C condenser brackets only to find that the top of the condenser is 3" lower than where the mounts sit. So after all that, I had to 'make' some brackets. Frustrating. But either way, it's secured finally.

Then we got into mounting the fenders on. Should have been easy, but the speed clips were all rusty. I spent some time oiling the bolts and running them in and out of the clips to make sure everything went together easily, then got the fenders on.

Bonus points to who can spot the potential issue in the pic below:

XO9drC.jpg

Attachments

• Ut3G70.jpg
    Ut3G70.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 129