Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

The edis system works very well and is what ms recommends... I was thinking about doing the swap over myself. Maybe run them off of just a cam sensor, not sure how that would work out/be possible... never really messed with newer ignition systems....:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The edis system works very well and is what ms recommends... I was thinking about doing the swap over myself. Maybe run them off of just a cam sensor, not sure how that would work out/be possible... never really messed with newer ignition systems....:shrug:
It's stupid easy. All you need is a trigger wheel mounted to the balancer, a homemade bkt to mount a VR sensor, a JY EDIS module, and coil packs, and you're in business.
78FEBD86-77F7-4800-92A2-F2C349B34ABD_zpspyrvchhu.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
It's stupid easy. All you need is a trigger wheel mounted to the balancer, a homemade bkt to mount a VR sensor, a JY EDIS module, and coil packs, and you're in business.
78FEBD86-77F7-4800-92A2-F2C349B34ABD_zpspyrvchhu.jpg
How did you drill out the trigger wheel to fit the back of the balancer? All of the wheels I have seen are cut from solid plate

Oh, and I thought better of my decision to use cheap, no name rockers that I needed a hat trick for and bought some stud mounts for $100 to use with my stud conversion kit

How did you drill out the trigger wheel to fit the back of the balancer? All of the wheels I have seen are cut from solid plate

Oh, and I thought better of my decision to use cheap, no name rockers that I needed a hat trick for and bought some stud mounts for $100 to use with my stud conversion kit
The 36-1 t wheels that DIY sells are already slotted for mounting.

Reactions: 1 user
The t wheel is like 30 bucks, the JY EDIS was 50. According to what I read, they are very robust, and sourcing one from a JY is worth the time getting greasy. I got as much harness as I could hack off between the EDIS module, and the coil pack, and then grabbed an extra module/coil as a backup. As compared to some of the ambiguity when it comes to where/how to wire that into the MSII, the schematics are all over the place.

But, it was the only thing that prevented my setup from starting right off the bat,...there are conflicting diagrams as to how to wire it( at least w/ EDIS6).

I mentioned a while back that I got my heads back from machining, but still had some work to do. Last night, I had a few minutes and got to work on one of the heads. I unshrouded the intake valves some and then reshaped all of the valve guides then raised the roof on the exhaust port more. Below is a picture of the 1 exhaust port I came very close to finishing. 7 more to go....

OQ9jJC.jpg

Attachments

• lnOiwx.jpg
    lnOiwx.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Oh I don't think they will be "boat anchors". They should flow some descent air. I can't wait to see the flow data. Besides...think of everything you've learned! As long as you don't go to far and ruin them...:eek:

Rumor has it there is a sweet balancer off a blower car on the way for this bad boy .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Oh I don't think they will be "boat anchors". They should flow some descent air. I can't wait to see the flow data. Besides...think of everything you've learned! As long as you don't go to far and ruin them...:eek:

All I know is they had better flow decent air.
If they flow descent air however, they'd probably have to be falling from a cliff or something.....

Just thinkin out loud here.

Rumor has it there is a sweet balancer off a blower car on the way for this bad boy .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I'll bet he's looking in his build thread saying to himself,..." I know I posted something,....where the hell did it go"?

I bet you see close to your tfs flow numbers you posted earlier. Anything above [email protected], [email protected] on the intake would be a great improvement. I would bet you see at least that. What's the stock numbers 180-190ish? I would imagine you'll see a great bump in exhaust flow. If you see 20% improvement I would be happy(if it were me).
If I see 230 I'll call it a win, but I'm really curious about the low lift and mid lift numbers.

I thought the machinist was gonna be mad that I boogered up some of the exhaust seats, but he was annoyed about the valve guides being dirty and I put the valves in. I was in a hurry though so....

If I see 230 I'll call it a win, but I'm really curious about the low lift and mid lift numbers.

I thought the machinist was gonna be mad that I boogered up some of the exhaust seats, but he was annoyed about the valve guides being dirty and I put the valves in. I was in a hurry though so....
Hopefully not bad enough to allow seepage/wear?