Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

I'll post one of it healed... it clipped a nerve. Can't feel the top side of the thumb anymore. It's always numb. Fortunately, it still moves like it's supposed to... and I don't use grinders one handed anymore.

20151008_112125.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Ever seen a grinding wheel in your buddies face?
During the twin blower install we did on my buddies camaro he had a cut off wheel filet almost his entire cheek clean off... That was about as nasty as an accident I've ever witnessed in the garage and I've lost the tip of my left index finger and nearly cut my right wrist off :crazy:

That's why I wear a face shield any time I grind or use a cut-off wheel. People think to only wear safety glasses because they want to protect their eyes from the debris. Too bad nobody ever protects their face in case that cutting wheel breaks apart and and tears up your face. People always be rolling the dice but don't think it will happen to them until a close call happens or worse and then it's too late.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
:eek: Yup I always wear a face shield when grinding/using a cutoff wheel. My skinned knuckle was wrenching. Which happens a lot(I'm impatient). I now use mechanix gloves(which help). I have other horror stories but I've derailed enough. Lol.

That's why I wear a face shield any time I grind or use a cut-off wheel. People think to only wear safety glasses because they want to protect their eyes from the debris. Too bad nobody every protects their face in case that cutting wheel breaks apart and and tears up your face. People always be rolling the dice but don't think it will happen to them until a close call happens or worse and then it's too late.
He was wearing glasses, they saved his eye but a shield would have avoided injury all together. I wish I could say that I learned enough from this to use a shield but I'm stubborn or reckless and maybe a little of both :shrug: