Paint and Body The Mike And Dave Show: Part Deaux

• Sponsors (?)

Oh yeah, one other "fun" thing about the trip.

Years ago, like over 25, I had reason to have two crowns put on my front teeth because the original ones,uhm, let's just say, needed to be replaced.

So, last Thursday night, I'm chewing on a sandwich, and the right tooth decides it's going to come off. Luckily I found that out by biting on it.

So, my right front cap breaks into two pieces, and I'm packing to go to Mike's house. Got a new air intake right smack dab in the front. Looking good to say the least.

I had two choices, one, I could get some hemp rope and tie up my pants like the hillbilly you guys probably feel I am. That would make it a little more normal looking to have that nice big hole up front. Or.

Two: I had some superglue, so I glue the pieces together and glue it back in my mouth. Superglue sets up real fast btw, so you need to be sure to stab that tooth back in straight as can be. I tell you this fact because I know what happens when you don't focus on straightness:doh:.

Another tip about superglue and your mouth, while you may be in a hurry to get that tooth planted again, try not to drip any from the tube on your lips or tongue. It will stick even if your tongue is wet. Then it can be a little painful removing that glue after it has had time to set up, like in two or three seconds. Or I could have just given up the sensory to sweet tastes too, I guess.

So, while at Mike's, I had to be sure not to drink anything hot, nor could I use the front teeth to bite into anything. Everything had to be cut into small chunks and bypass the front choppers.

Just one more little story of what Mike or I had to overcome for the sake of the monster.

LONG LIVE THE MONSTER!
:hail2:

Reactions: 5 users
Oh yeah, one other "fun" thing about the trip.

Years ago, like over 25, I had reason to have two crowns put on my front teeth because the original ones,uhm, let's just say, needed to be replaced.

So, last Thursday night, I'm chewing on a sandwich, and the right tooth decides it's going to come off. Luckily I found that out by biting on it.

So, my right front cap breaks into two pieces, and I'm packing to go to Mike's house. Got a new air intake right smack dab in the front. Looking good to say the least.

I had two choices, one, I could get some hemp rope and tie up my pants like the hillbilly you guys probably feel I am. That would make it a little more normal looking to have that nice big hole up front. Or.

Two: I had some superglue, so I glue the pieces together and glue it back in my mouth. Superglue sets up real fast btw, so you need to be sure to stab that tooth back in straight as can be. I tell you this fact because I know what happens when you don't focus on straightness:doh:.

Another tip about superglue and your mouth, while you may be in a hurry to get that tooth planted again, try not to drip any from the tube on your lips or tongue. It will stick even if your tongue is wet. Then it can be a little painful removing that glue after it has had time to set up, like in two or three seconds. Or I could have just given up the sensory to sweet tastes too, I guess.

So, while at Mike's, I had to be sure not to drink anything hot, nor could I use the front teeth to bite into anything. Everything had to be cut into small chunks and bypass the front choppers.

Just one more little story of what Mike or I had to overcome for the sake of the monster.

LONG LIVE THE MONSTER!
:hail2:
You have definitely proven yourself worthy,..I hereby dub thee....Sir Soukop of the glued-together smile.

Or if we make this an honorary American Indian title (You living in the land of the Osage)....... Sands with Glue in teeth

Reactions: 4 users
You have definitely proven yourself worthy,..I hereby dub thee....Sir Soukop of the glued-together smile.

Or if we make this an honorary American Indian title (You living in the land of the Osage)....... Sands with Glue in teeth
Now I understand the misspelling on my plane ticket. It's Soukup.
Oh well, the flew me home anyhow.

Ok, one last post on this thread.

Remember the whole losing a front tooth thingy?

I haven't been able to bite into anything since then. BUT TODAY, I finally got in to see my dentist! Freaking YAY!

When I got back from Mike's, I called my dentist so I could get in and get a new crown. Guess what though?

He was in South America on a missions trip! Dang do-gooders traveling away from home to do the same thing they do when at home for no pay........wait.......never mind.

Anyhow, he's back in Tulsa and I now have a temporary crown. I'm going to cry...:cry:finally.....I can eat my donuts from Krispy Kreme again.:cry:

Two weeks and I'll have the permanent one in.

BTW, I reread this thread just now. I really had fun out there @madmike1157 , thanks for a good weekend.

Last edited:
I'm a little sad this thread is over :(
I know what you mean Chris. Visiting with Mike and Kate was a blast. But that's what fond memories are about, we weren't together so long that we irritated each other too much. At least I wasn't irritated, can't say for sure about Mike and Kate:chin.

Lots of good people on here that I look forward to meeting though. Someday, way out when, I'll have a driving mustang and cruise around a bit. I'll stop by sometime on one of those trips.

It's very interesting reading early posts on Doby's build thread seeing how your and Mike's relationship was a bit touchy at first. Now look at y'all! :D

Reactions: 1 user
It's very interesting reading early posts on Doby's build thread seeing how your and Mike's relationship was a bit touchy at first. Now look at y'all! :D
It was touchy because I didn't get his personality. Once I realized he's a near dûplicate of my 65 year old brother, he stopped being a problem and just a pita!:eek:

It was touchy because I didn't get his personality. Once I realized he's a near dûplicate of my 65 year old brother, he stopped being a problem and just a pita!:eek:
I'm not a pain in the ass.

I did not consider anything "touchy" at your start up here,....I was more than helpful with the Doby thread,.....It was the Painting 101 where I got a little.........touchy.

I still maintain that you have to balance budget with intended usage. Your paint system is really cool, and clearly is what is required for a professional such as yourself. But as far as guns go,....people have been painting beautifully with far less than a gravity feed gun from China.

AS for me,,.I now have a garage full of Chinee stuff I never intend to use again.

A D/A,...Jitterbug, (2) primer guns, an HVLP finish paint set, and an air file are all on there way to some future garage sale.

I'm just glad that the total cumulative investment in all that junk is less than 500.00,....it'll be easy to get rid of. Had it been something along the lines of a Devilbiss, or SATA,....my ass would be hurting worse than my toe.

I'm not a pain in the ass.

I did not consider anything "touchy" at your start up here,....I was more than helpful with the Doby thread,.....It was the Painting 101 where I got a little.........touchy.

I still maintain that you have to balance budget with intended usage. Your paint system is really cool, and clearly is what is required for a professional such as yourself. But as far as guns go,....people have been painting beautifully with far less than a gravity feed gun from China.

AS for me,,.I now have a garage full of Chinee stuff I never intend to use again.

A D/A,...Jitterbug, (2) primer guns, an HVLP finish paint set, and an air file are all on there way to some future garage sale.

I'm just glad that the total cumulative investment in all that junk is less than 500.00,....it'll be easy to get rid of. Had it been something along the lines of a Devilbiss, or SATA,....my ass would be hurting worse than my toe.
When I say pita Mike, I if course mean that in the best possible way:scratch:

If you remember correctly, the point I made about cheap equipment wasn't that you couldn't get a nice paint job out of them. You can, the question for me as someone that does this for a living was durability.

You were wanting recommendations on the cheap crap out there to use and I wasn't going to blow my money on the stuff to find out for you, and you were a snot about what I considered cheap ($200). My cheap is based on professional daily use and the cost effectiveness of relatively expensive equipment.

I've spent about $2500-$3000 on the guns I have now. The guns are mostly ten or more years old (except for the one I painted your car with, it's only five). Those guns have been the primary tool I've used and have resulted in a pretax income for the last ten years of over $1,000,000. They're cheap in this regards.

Btw, it was a Japanese gun that shot your car, not Chinese. It seems like your little Japanese kid would have told you that.

Why sell your cheap stuff anyhow Mike, you don't want to have to buy new cheap stuff again when you start hot rodding your son's mustang, do you?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
When I say pita Mike, I if course mean that in the best possible way:scratch:

If you remember correctly, the point I made about cheap equipment wasn't that you couldn't get a nice paint job out of them. You can, the question for me as someone that does this for a living was durability.

You were wanting recommendations on the cheap crap out there to use and I wasn't going to blow my money on the stuff to find out for you, and you were a snot about what I considered cheap ($200). My cheap is based on professional daily use and the cost effectiveness of relatively expensive equipment.

I've spent about $2500-$3000 on the guns I have now. The guns are mostly ten or more years old (except for the one I painted your car with, it's only five). Those guns have been the primary tool I've used and have resulted in a pretax income for the last ten years of over $1,000,000. They're cheap in this regards.

Btw, it was a Japanese gun that shot your car, not Chinese. It seems like your little Japanese kid would have told you that.

Why sell your cheap stuff anyhow Mike, you don't want to have to buy new cheap stuff again when you start hot rodding your son's mustang, do you?

Here,...here is a quote you can bookmark, and make future reference to:

I will never build a car again of this magnitude. To include painting, bodywork, welding, or fabrication, to include that Mustang.

MOF, that Mustang is days away from making it's CL debut. #2. could care less what he drives, and doesn't want the hassle involved w/ maintaining an old car. So,....he gets what he want's,....and pays for it accordingly.
It's 2k sitting in the driveway as I see it. A great platform for somebody looking to do what you are doing w/ the 83,

Just not me.

Reactions: 2 users

I will never build a car again of this magnitude. To include painting, bodywork, welding, or fabrication, to include that Mustang.

MOF, that Mustang is days away from making it's CL debut. #2. could care less what he drives, and doesn't want the hassle involved w/ maintaining an old car. So,....he gets what he want's,....and pays for it accordingly.
It's 2k sitting in the driveway as I see it. A great platform for somebody looking to do what you are doing w/ the 83,

Just not me.
Lol

Just not me.
Twin Turbo the Six Mike , it will be fun :)

Reactions: 1 users
It doesn't run anymore?
The ecu is out of it for boost mod circuit. ( now complete,....hopefully) with all the asst still to be done, a running car is the lowest priority on the totem pole.
turbo car, right?:stick:
In a way,..the non-run status does have something to do with the turbo I guess...