The perfect wheels

mustang4300

Feb 1, 2011
I have a 2004 shadow grey GT and cant decide what type of wheel i should get. Ive looked threw all the different type of mustang wheels from americanmuscle, cruizinconcepts, and latemodelrestoration.com but i want sumones opinion, also cant decide on color i really dnt want chrome.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

What's your budget?

If the sky's the limit. I would go for some CCW's, True Forges, or even HRE's ;)

BUT...

I'm guessing your GT suspension is stock...so, I would spend that money on your suspension and get the ride height where you want it before you swap out the wheels and tires.

Yeah. 2002 was the last year for the Mineral Grey SN95.

Really, just look at any and every picture you can of DSG cars. I cruised the forums for a while before deciding on the black Bullitts.

The Black Bullitts with the polished rim, with deep dish in the rear. To me, these look amazing especially on dark (particularly MG/DSG) cars. The retro design of the Bullitt rim in general just really comes across. This is my favorite rim setup, with polished FR500s being a close second. Just my opinion ...

Can never go wrong with black w/chrome lip Bullitts. I've personally had that combo and was pleased. I moved to Chrome Saleen reps and man, when they're shined up...:nice:

Not a big fan of FR500's wheels, they're ugly to me. But thats my opinion. CCW's and True forged will run you a pretty penny, but man are they incredible wheels.

check out TSW... Their site has a configurer thing althought it only has the new edge mustang.

I got my TSW wheels off ebay and I love em. I got them with nexen tires for about $1000. Mine are like the indy 500 hyper ones on their site but I guess an older version. had em about 3-4 years now. driven in winter and they've held up to the conditions great. http://www.tsw.com/tsw_configurator/

I think anthracite FR500's looks sick on DSG

2cejciv.jpg

Black bullitts look good too

View attachment 197131

The perfect wheels?, hmmm :rolleyes:.....really don't exist, at least when asking the masses, because everyone's going to have a different view/opinion on what looks best or not. Perfect wheels are a moving target. Whatever you decide to go with will be the perfect wheel, at least until your tastes change and you get the next perfect wheel :D

Stay low and get back home safe from your depolyment.:flag:

My dad went with Chrome FR500's on his '04, but I think they'd look better with the gunmetal finish. Only picture I have online of his car. This is the one and only time he ever let me borrow it to autocross it LOL.

105054458_igjfY7FE_081012_8875.jpg

Anthracite FTW...

I like the way you have the tires spinning, smoke and the front lifted from the downward force... :hail2: