THE PIED PIPER PART I

• Sponsors (?)

Finally said screw this and bought an '03 Saturn sport coupe.

The II is getting ready for her big winter overhaul -- what I wanted to do last winter and petered out halfway through. I've come into possession of a few interesting parts through swap meets and eBay, and have stumbled across some even more interesting ideas online.

Thinking of going full-tilt rat rod; something to strike fear into the hearts of mortals. Flat-black paint, 331, twin baby 4-bbls, nitrous, 5-bolt wheels with Mickeys, a 1" drop in the front, headers sticking out the sides and running down the boards Cobra-style, replace the timing chain with gears, and have a giant old-school bird-catcher sticking out of the hood. Maybe throw a whale tail on the back for good measure. I have found the bird-catcher, the Cobra pipes, the twin-carb manifold, the stroker kit, and the paint.

The real stumbling block, though, is the headers. We've been scratching our heads on this one since we built the sucker in the first place. I was thinking the other day, just drill 4 holes and run stock 302 headers straight out the sides, jalopy-style. I probably won't, but it would sure look cool.

What have you been up to?

Mine on the 351c are 2 into 1 behind the crossmember, 2 into 1 forward towards the rad, down and around , then 2 pipes into one. I am gonna redo that too when I reach that part of the car. I too am thinking about headers similar too the ones on that 4.6 cobra powered II.

joeythesaint said:
Finally said screw this and bought an '03 Saturn sport coupe.

The II is getting ready for her big winter overhaul -- what I wanted to do last winter and petered out halfway through. I've come into possession of a few interesting parts through swap meets and eBay, and have stumbled across some even more interesting ideas online.

Thinking of going full-tilt rat rod; something to strike fear into the hearts of mortals. Flat-black paint, 331, twin baby 4-bbls, nitrous, 5-bolt wheels with Mickeys, a 1" drop in the front, headers sticking out the sides and running down the boards Cobra-style, replace the timing chain with gears, and have a giant old-school bird-catcher sticking out of the hood. Maybe throw a whale tail on the back for good measure. I have found the bird-catcher, the Cobra pipes, the twin-carb manifold, the stroker kit, and the paint.

The real stumbling block, though, is the headers. We've been scratching our heads on this one since we built the sucker in the first place. I was thinking the other day, just drill 4 holes and run stock 302 headers straight out the sides, jalopy-style. I probably won't, but it would sure look cool.

What have you been up to?

Damn :nice: that sounds awesome man. I've absolutely got to see this thing sometime soon.

I've rewired my entire car with painless performance universal kit. mods this winter were igniton, 4 barrel, exhaust.