they want me to street race

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
I've never been in a real street race before, it's a dead end road with no traffic. But I won't go because there are deep ditches just the same and I have nothing to prove because I have a stock Mustang. I asked if the gang would go to a track instead where it would be more fun since there would be less stress.

What is it that's so cool with street racing anyway?

• Sponsors (?)

the only thing i see different, other than road conditions, and the whole illegalishness(safety), is that u can do it practically anywhere there is a straight road, and at near anytime. :shrug: guess that swhy its so appealing to ppl.

:Track:

Street Racing is VERY cool. Here are some great reasons:

You get to hang with pre-teen/teenage females who think you are hot.
You have a good chance of having your car impounded--no more worrying about gas prices then!
Racing from a roll is variable, so if you lose, you have tons of excuses.
There is no staff/emergency crew present in the event of an severe accident, so your family can cash in on your life insurance policy without hassle.
You get braggin' rights to a felony charge, if caught.
You get to make the news!

:rolleyes:

OK...maybe it isn't cool after all. ;)

Street racing is about as cool as being pulled over for it. Been there, don't do it. Not the best feeling in the world making that phone call for a ride back home when the cops get to take your car.

If you don't want to race on public roads, than you shouldn't feel you have to.

I've done the red light to red light thing but never going too badly over the speed limit... I wouldn't feel safe racing with another V8 on a two lane road with 4 foot ditches on either side. My car's tires are finished in the back and if I shift too fast into 2nd or 3rd the rear end goes into a wicked peel and slides from side to side making "racing" a little hard on the nerves lol

Boss 351 said:
I've never been in a real street race before, it's a dead end road with no traffic. But I won't go because there are deep ditches just the same and I have nothing to prove because I have a stock Mustang. I asked if the gang would go to a track instead where it would be more fun since there would be less stress.

What is it that's so cool with street racing anyway?

You need to street race because that is the only way to find out how fast your car is. Racing at the track doesn't prove anything, it's just sticky and straight. If I was you I'd get out there and start street racing as many cars as I could (Ford mustangs, Honda Civics, Toyota Tachomas, plymoth lasers) just make sure there aren't any cops around. If there are cops around you can still race but just don't stop and you'll be fine. Now get out there and report back to tell us how it goes. If you can find a Chevy Citation I would recommend starting there. They are pretty bad cars but if you're a good driver you should be able to take one. Good Luck.

Aaron'S'tang said:
You need to street race because that is the only way to find out how fast your car is. Racing at the track doesn't prove anything, it's just sticky and straight. If I was you I'd get out there and start street racing as many cars as I could (Ford mustangs, Honda Civics, Toyota Tachomas, plymoth lasers) just make sure there aren't any cops around. If there are cops around you can still race but just don't stop and you'll be fine. Now get out there and report back to tell us how it goes. If you can find a Chevy Citation I would recommend starting there. They are pretty bad cars but if you're a good driver you should be able to take one. Good Luck.

Thats about the dumbest crap I've ever heard. I hope that was in sarcasm and not serious. :nonono:

I totally agree, although I have been in a couple. Now the only street race I ever get into is if someone one the highway pulls up and wants to play. but even then i observe the conditions.

My advice to you is Take it to the track. The other guys are p*&(ies if that only want to run in the street.

The track is usually a kick into reality for these people thats why they avoid it. Imagine spending all this money and time, not to mention building your car up to others, to have it run a blitsering 16.2 @ 81. Would make you feel good now would it?

i took off at a light next to my buddy...lets say quicker than usual....not like a serious race, but the cop got us both with Reckless Operation and not a real big fine but at the car dealership that i detailed cars for..their insurance dropped me and thus i could no longer work for them...

....i liked it there too :(

The worst thing then street racing is breaking something street racing. I broke a driveshaft and pulled over to the side of the road why'll my buddy I was racing went to my house to get the truck and trailer and I cop pulls up and ask what's the problem. I told him my car broke down and my buddy is coming to get me and he says why is there transmission all over the place. I said because my driveshaft is broken. He asked well how that happen. I said I'm guessing it was weak and it's time to go. He laughed and said have a goodnight and left.