thoughts on a new daily driver...

Here's the situation...i currently own the '95 GT in my signature (which will finally be getting some meaningful power upgrades in the near future!). I just signed on at a new job and will be coming into some expendable income in the next few months, which will possibly mean the purchase of a new daily driver to replace the 133k Saturn that i'm currently using/abusing to keep the 'stang in good shape. SO...the idea dawned on me yesterday about the possibility of a V6 stang - i know, puny, boring, etc. - BUT hear me out. The idea includes swapping the top end out for a set of mildly ported heads, a better bumpstick, and the supercharger set-up from a T-Bird supercoupe. Will this fit in a mustang chassis? Is it even possible...or am i just dreaming? I see eaton equipped supercoupes in the local junkyards all the time, and i figured i could cobble together a decent set up for a cheap price --> cheapie V6 stang + junkyard blower set up + short block rebuild/forged pistons.

Let me know what you all think about this idea (crazy?). I'm still considering buying another V8 mustang with higher mileage, but the way gas prices have been (and i'll be commuting roughly 45-50 miles per day for my new job) got me thinking about this set up.

• Sponsors (?)

Why put that kind of money towards a 3.8. After all is said and done, you'll have paid for a V8, and you'll be getting worse gas milege than a V8, but won't make the power of a V8. Plus, the ford 3.8 is junk.

hmmm...so i should probably just stick with the 5.0 huh? the thought for this set up crossed my mind yesterday after seeing some of the SCCOA forum member's numbers. I suppose after all is said and done, 210 hp and 315 lb-ft from the supercharged six won't be nearly as fun as a budget H/C/I 5.0...

I still want to see someone with this set up though! a little something different from the rest of the pack...