Tire Size Without Rolling Fender

stangin47

Dec 16, 2007
I have a chance to buy some 26x10x15 ET drags cheap. with the quad shock removed will i still need to roll the fender? they are on a draglite rim if that matters, thanks for the input!

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on the wheel offset, depends on the rim width, depends on your vehicle ride height, etc. You really won't know till you have them on.

Rolling the fenders really isn't a big deal if that's what worries you?

Shouldn't have to roll with that size so long as you get a 15X8 with the 5.5 bs. I'm running 245/60-15 with that backspace and width no problem other than an occasional rub on the inner wheel well, tires actually measure 27.1 x 10.2, I've got a good half to 3/4 inch before the fender will hit

id rather no have to roll it just another project to the list of endless crap to do. ill get them on today. my car sits low on garbage intrax springs that came with the car so until i change springs out I hope it clears. thanks for the info.

Meh. 275 40 r16 on a 4 lug cobra replica no quads without rolling the fenders. Never rubs

I don't think that size exists. (if they do, tire rack doesn't sell them).

To the OP

Tires are all different, so are tolerances on a fox, suspension heights, and most of all, driving styles.
Not to forget do people sit in the back of the car?
You push a wide tire hard in the turns and you can almost assume it's going to rub somewhere.

I've had a lot of tires in the past, none are a sure thing.

id rather no have to roll it just another project to the list of endless crap to do. ill get them on today. my car sits low on garbage intrax springs that came with the car so until i change springs out I hope it clears. thanks for the info.

If you need to replace the springs, I would look into replacing the rear lower control arms with a set of weight jackers from MM. That way you can dial in the ride height wanted.

I don't think that size exists. (if they do, tire rack doesn't sell them).

To the OP

Tires are all different, so are tolerances on a fox, suspension heights, and most of all, driving styles.
Not to forget do people sit in the back of the car?
You push a wide tire hard in the turns and you can almost assume it's going to rub somewhere.

I've had a lot of tires in the past, none are a sure thing.
Lol sorry nitto 555. 275 40 r17