Tired of getting beat by turbo Jettas!

I beat him off the bottle, and yea, he said it spikes at 22psi and hold above 17 till redline, or somthing like that, his buddy has a 2001 that runs 17psi and a 55 Zex shot, he runs about even with me when he is spraying, he will edge me past 100, I have no nitrous as of now, all these races are OFF my bottle. My car is running about 14 Flat@98 right now too, if that helps.

• Sponsors (?)

984.6gt said:
I beat him off the bottle, and yea, he said it spikes at 22psi and hold above 17 till redline, or somthing like that, his buddy has a 2001 that runs 17psi and a 55 Zex shot, he runs about even with me when he is spraying, he will edge me past 100, I have no nitrous as of now, all these races are OFF my bottle. My car is running about 14 Flat@98 right now too, if that helps.

Something doesn't add up right. If he's holding 17psi to redline, he should be holding his own and then some. The stock turbo will only hold, at max, between 10-15 psi at redline and anything above 10psi is overspooling that thing beyond belief.

Find out what he's got, I'm interested. If he's pushing 17psi to redline, he should be pushing above 250whp.
Usually, I am running between 14.1 and 14.4 in the quarter and I'm spiking at 20psi and drop to 10psi at redline. IF.. a huge if, I can pull of a decent 60ft, I'm in the 13's easily, as posted previously with my timeslip.

XenoGTI said:
Something doesn't add up right. If he's holding 17psi to redline, he should be holding his own and then some. The stock turbo will only hold, at max, between 10-15 psi at redline and anything above 10psi is overspooling that thing beyond belief.

Find out what he's got, I'm interested. If he's pushing 17psi to redline, he should be pushing above 250whp.
Usually, I am running between 14.1 and 14.4 in the quarter and I'm spiking at 20psi and drop to 10psi at redline. IF.. a huge if, I can pull of a decent 60ft, I'm in the 13's easily, as posted previously with my timeslip.
Only mods I KNOW of are a ARP Chip and a Downpipe, I am just saying what he told me, he is RIGHT next to me, but I have an edge on him.

The true beauty of the the 1.8T is it's low end when on the stock turbo, and it's ability to push well over 400hp on stock internals if you choose to upgrade the turbo to something that can hold 20psi to redline.

I have spanked several stock and nearly stock 4.6L stangs at the track including several 2000 and newer ones, but it is usually a very good race coming down to the better driver. Watch out on the highway or from a very slow roll though, that's where the 1.8T will really shine, the fwd really limits traction from dead stoppers and the torque is there very early so that doesn't help anything. The very best 60' time I have pulled on this car with street tires (not drag radials) was a 2.1 and not many people have done better without drag radials or slicks.

I think the point in all of this is that Jetta had some $$$ put into it, and you lost. If you feel embarrassed about it, thats fine. If you dont want to be embarrassed about it, then spend your money on the engine if its important to you. You can make any car fast if you know what you are doing and you have the wallet it make it happen.

Has anyone ever seen that video clip of the Plymouth Reliant "K car" running a 10second pass on that white Supra? Some people just have the edge on you based on their engine modifications. Just because there is a Pony on your grille doesnt mean that you will magically decimate all cars lower on the food chain. If someone on the street owns a turbo jetta or Beetle and it can run in the 13's, then thats one hell of an achievement. You cant knock a cars performance just because you dont like the car its coming from. (although you can knock the looks of a K car) :)

Am I a trader or VW lover? No. I would only consider buying that Phaeton VW. But I will give credit where credit is due. It just seems pretty stupid that when someone loses to a car with their Mustang, that car or that persons Mustang is considered "junk".

BullittStangV8 said:
hey guys i dont blame you for getting pissed at DHGwhatever, his posts are out of line. but please,stop flaming the bullitts in general. They are more then just "GT's with intakes".Almost all bullitt owners respect all other mustang owners. were all the same breed. DHGwhatever just gives us all a bad name. he does not represent us accuratly at all.
Mike

To some of us, the Bullitts are the most desirable Mustangs of recent years...for me, the Mustang experience is about more than just straightline performance. That exhaust tone still turns my head. :nice: I wish I had one.