Interior and Upholstery TMI cloth/tweed interior, is it anything like the original cloth?

If it were me with a factory leather interior, i would absolutely not be replacing it with a tweed interior period.
If they need to be reupholstered, find a place, have it done.

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, it’s one of each

left seat is out of a friends 88 GT. Saw it before it was strippped. Right seat is an 87-91 bottom and 94-98 V6 low back seat. (I’ve since found the correct seat back with fox lumbar)

Those headrests are locked in place fully down, and you can see the gap there. That was all foam before it was trashed. (Not by me I would have kept it). With the SN95 seat headrest on, it bottomed out on the frame.

I am pretty sure you can put 87-89 foam and covers on a 1990-1991 sport seat frame as well. You just will need to source the headrests. (And foam obviously)

I’ve pulled apart a few 94-98 SN95 seats as well and a lot of similarities there. I actually have a set of SN95 tilt lever assemblies that I was going to use instead of the fox stuff if I redid these seats from scratch.

Last edited:
Has anybody tried taking the TMI cushions and shaving/sanding/shaping the foam with a rotary tool?
At damn near 500 a pair, I'm not tempted to try. I'll go to the local fabric/hobby stores and buy some sheet / block foam, glue and burlap to repair old stuff. An old yard sale electric carving knife works wonders though, probably better off with a DA sander or a cookie disc grinder on their stuff...

IMG_8881.jpeg
I’ve never really been much for convertibles other than the 7-up and summer specials…… but I gotta say, that is one sharp looking car. Honestly can’t say I’ve seen one in that silver before. Looks awesome!

Has anybody tried taking the TMI cushions and shaving/sanding/shaping the foam with a rotary tool?
Watching all the car shows on Motor Trend/ Discovery/ etc…… it’s those upholstery guys that wow me the most lately. It takes it all….. woodwork, bodywork, upholstery…. to make a custom interior, and they make it look easy!

Reactions: 1 user
Watching all the car shows on Motor Trend/ Discovery/ etc…… it’s those upholstery guys that wow me the most lately. It takes it all….. woodwork, bodywork, upholstery…. to make a custom interior, and they make it look easy!
My Dad an his twin brother did upholstery together. They started in High School and only retired for health reasons after 50 years in business. They were known for their quality restoration work and also custom interiors. They were the Langdon Brothers and when they passed, a ton of experience went with them. They were legendary in the tri-state region (OH, IN, KY). Toward the end of their careers they did a few TV shows like you mention. I miss them dearly and they live on through their amazing work.

Attachments

• Langdon_Bros.jpg
    Langdon_Bros.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 45