Tmi Vs Acme Upholstery What?

gearheadboy

15 Year Member
Jan 15, 2003
Greencastle Pa
...sneaks in and posts first post in about 5 years....I am ready to buy my upholstery for my 88 GT. It is gray cloth. How come all the sites that sell the stuff list it as ACME and not TMI? Only the gray stuff. If it was tan I'd be TMI. What gives?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

...sneaks in and posts first post in about 5 years....I am ready to buy my upholstery for my 88 GT. It is gray cloth. How come all the sites that sell the stuff list it as ACME and not TMI? Only the gray stuff. If it was tan I'd be TMI. What gives?

I was reasonably certain that you had died at the hands of aliens while taking a dump in the bathroom of an abandoned RV near a struggling drive-in movie theater.

upload_2017-5-17_19-21-30.png

I guess they let you go. :shrug:

I was reasonably certain that you had died at the hands of aliens while taking a dump in the bathroom of an abandoned RV near a struggling drive-in movie theater.

upload_2017-5-17_19-21-30.png

I guess they let you go. :shrug:
LMAO! Glad you're still kickin my friend. I just fired mine up after several years. Been working on it pretty hard the past 2 months. YOU SHOULD SEE THE DUST.

Reactions: 1 users

Hey Boss - depends on who you buy from. There our dealers out there that our 100% TMI from stock to custom. Then there are a few dealers that 'cherry pick' a bit and sell a bit of each. The OE cloth for the 87-89 base model interiors is not being reproduced, so what we (and our competitors) carry is a aftermarket option that is close but not exact. If you'd like to see a sample of it before you purchase anything we'd be happy to send you a sample of the material. Just shoot our customer service a call at: 800-624-7960 and we'll get some right out to you. Thanks - Waylon

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Boss - depends on who you buy from. There our dealers out there that our 100% TMI from stock to custom. Then there are a few dealers that 'cherry pick' a bit and sell a bit of each. The OE cloth for the 87-89 base model interiors is not being reproduced, so what we (and our competitors) carry is a aftermarket option that is close but not exact. If you'd like to see a sample of it before you purchase anything we'd be happy to send you a sample of the material. Just shoot our customer service a call at: 800-624-7960 and we'll get some right out to you. Thanks - Waylon
Thanks for the reply. I was indeed on a site or two that "cherry pick" interior sets for whatever reason. I also found one after more digging that does stock your stuff in the gray for 87-89. I will be buying from them.

The OE cloth for the 87-89 base model interiors is not being reproduced, so what we (and our competitors) carry is a aftermarket option that is close but not exact. If you'd like to see a sample of it before you purchase anything we'd be happy to send you a sample of the material. Just shoot our customer service a call at: 800-624-7960 and we'll get some right out to you. Thanks - Waylon

I know I can call, but I am terrible at picking up a phone.

I've never seen this for sale on any vendor sites, but for 87-89 rear hatchback seats....Do you sell a covering kit to match a set of 99-04 dark charcoal leather front seats? I really just need the seat bottom (using SN95 seat backs) but concerned with how well it would match the backs and front seats.

I've never seen this for sale on any vendor sites, but for 87-89 rear hatchback seats....Do you sell a covering kit to match a set of 99-04 dark charcoal leather front seats? I really just need the seat bottom (using SN95 seat backs) but concerned with how well it would match the backs and front seats.

One of my coworkers mocks my preference for communicating via email instead of by phone... But ya know what? 6 months from now when we've all but forgotten about the conversations we've had, mine are perfectly documented and just a few clicks away.

We could easily manufacture a fox rear made out of 99-04 Dark Charcoal vinyl. It would be in the fox pattern of the seat, but would be made in the correct material to match your front buckets. Customer service can help you build the order and give you all cost: 800-624-7960