To chrome or not to chrome

Finally! I dropped the stang off at the body shop today, and the painter and I discussed the terms. As we were walking around the car and we noticed things like the door handles, rear bumper, rear bumper guards, tail light bezels etc... that the chrome is wearing off. He suggested buying new parts cause to rechrome it will be twice more expensive. Is that true?
Should I rechrome em or should I just buy new parts?

• Sponsors (?)

it's true that repro parts are much cheaper than rechroming but if your original parts are in good shape and you can afford to have them rechromed i'd go that route since the originals fit much better than the repros. don't be surprised if it costs a grand (or more) to rechrome the bumpers, bumper gaurds, taillight bezels, door handles and a few other small pieces.

Thanks for all the input guys,
I'm on a tight budget =( the rear bumper doesn't fit correctly for some reason right now, I'm thinking to keep the parts on top of my garage and after college and when I start making my own money I'll rechrome and reinstall them.

Needed parts:

Weather Stripping: How much do you guys think I need to replace all the weather stripping?
Rear Bumper: 89.95 from mustangsplus.com
Rear bumper guards: 31.95 " "
Tail lamp bezels: 12.95 " "
Sill plates (there are a few choices, should I invest more and get the steel one?)
Door handles locally for 17.85
Shifter bezel: 33.95 ebay