Topline Build Your Own Exhaust...and Spintech Q's

95CobraStang

Jan 21, 2004
Chico, CA
Does anyone know where the Topline build your own exhaust went? I was just going to buy the version with Spintechs, but I can't find the damn thing at Partshopper anymore. Has anyone ordered from Spintech, themselves?? How much for a cat back, from them?

thanks for any help,

Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

I can tell you who NOT to order from. I was looking for the best price on Spintech mufflers awhile back. I came across Midwest Speed and ordred from them. I guess they don't actually warehouse Spintech items and have the mufflers drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer. Took forever and I finally had to get ahold of Spintech to find out if they had shipped because Midwest Speed wouldn't bother to find out for me. Poor customer service is the best way to lose customers IMHO. So if you come across this company in your search for Spintechs, stay far away.

nickthegenius said:
I can tell you who NOT to order from. I was looking for the best price on Spintech mufflers awhile back. I came across Midwest Speed and ordred from them. I guess they don't actually warehouse Spintech items and have the mufflers drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer. Took forever and I finally had to get ahold of Spintech to find out if they had shipped because Midwest Speed wouldn't bother to find out for me. Poor customer service is the best way to lose customers IMHO. So if you come across this company in your search for Spintechs, stay far away.

Thanks for the tip! I was just looking at purchasing from them. I called Spintech and they quoted me around $440 for a catback. Topline was much nicer to the checkbook!

Anyone know where to get Spintech cheaply?

Well, I checked Partshopper.com again, and the Topline cat backs are there again. I sent them an e-mail and they never got back to me. I was a little surprised at that, as they almost lost a customer....i almost paid more at spintech.com. That's a little advice for the owners- make sure you return e-mails in order to capture as many customers as possible!

But yeah, it's there again so grab it if ya want it.

Call Partshopper directly. I have had NOTHING BUT GREAT experiances with them!! I got the magnapacs from them for my GT, then the Magnaflows for my Cobra from them too. Topline is Partshopper (pro-3)'s brand. Basically they buy exhaust systems from magnaflow, flowmaster ect..... in bulk, open the boxes, change the tips out with the same EXACT tips without the (brand) name on it, seal the box back up and sell it to you. Every other component in the box is from the original company. This is how they are able to sell them so cheaply. I was a bit skeptical at first, but trust me on this, YOU WILL BE HAPPY!!! You truely do get top name exaust for MUCH cheaper. Good luck!