Torque Specs for TB/Plenum install

• Sponsors (?)

I think it is something like 65 inch-lbs for both. Really, just make them tight but not to too tight. About as tight as you can get it with a little 1/4 inch rachet. Tighten til you feel a sharp rise in torque, then turn an additional 90 degrees. That is one way. I take the damn things off all the time and port them out. I make decent lunch money on the side doing it for lazy or non-mechanical people.

Want a 70mm t/b??? Go strip one off a Ford 5.4 truck motor. It is Ford factory piece, and will fool warranty guys. Also, it is a perfect fit, and can be had for nothing or dirt cheap. It isn't shiny like a BBK though. Use it with or without the spacer it comes with. I traded my 65mm for a 70mm when a customer brought his business van in for work! Shhh....he doesn't know.

Why did it highlight TRUCK?????? Marketing gimmick?

bg00gt said:
Uh 65 lbs is kind of tight.THey just need to be snuged down good.Be sure not to break the inserts loose in your intake when you put your plenum on.
keepsbreaking said 65 inch-lbs, which is a lot less than ft-lbs. :p I don't know if it's the right number but that's like 5 ft-lbs. :)

An honest dealership.......? You gotta be kidding. We put in 10w30 bulk oil in every car, regardless of the "5w20 only" writing. Ford and the dealer are two different things. Dealers aren't run by the manufacturer. We are run by a suit and tie guy bent on saving money(every dealership in the U.S. is like that). Warranty........? Ford warranty is a joke. Half the time we don't spend any time or effort on that stuff cause warranty jobs pay hardly anything. Honesty? I am actually one of the more trustworthy techs!

EH819 said:
Just wondering what the screws should be torqued down to, when I install my new Accufab TB and C&L Plenum? Thanks for any info.
I was told 6lbs. feet for everything you took off except for the EGR which should be 24lbs. feet when i installed my plenum.

-wade