tps question?

venom97

Apr 29, 2003
Illinois
i bought a 95 gt with a spun bearing and replaced the motor with one i had in my 87. the car has a e cam,trick flow intake, 3.73,full exhaust, 65 mm t body.155 fuel pump and adj reg. heads are on the way! anyways the ran like a turd, so i clened the maf sensor(previous owner had installed a k&n) and was going to check and set the tps and when i went to check it one of the bolts looks like the head was ground off with a dremel or something and i noticed that the idle air control valve wires were bared liked they tried to adjust that instead of the tps. could this cause my car to run like a turd or is it more than likely something else? i know the tps is out of wack because it moves when i touch it. that will be fixed tom.

• Sponsors (?)

if the tps is off and i think you said it was moving your car would definately run like a "turd" the computer is thinking that your throttle is opened at different places than what it is adding more or less fuel throwing off the fuel air ratio. it you have an aftermarket throttle body on there some people used to round out the holes to set the tps right. ive seen it done a few times. neway i would try the tps first then go from there.