Trunk Light- where the heck is it?

mrvax

Stay thirsty my friends
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
SN Moderator: Orlando, Fl.
When I got my car back after the repair shop 2 weeks ago, I noticed that my trunk light no longer worked. Yesterday, I got my fat azz out there and looked all around the trunk in daylight for maybe a burned out bulb.

I can't find it anywhere. Maybe the shock of the accident knocked the bulb out. Anyway, can someone explain exactly where this bulb is or post up a pic of it?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have the ability to get you a picture at the moment, though go pop the trunk and look directly in the middle past the latch. There should be a white bulb harness there.

I just went out there and dropped the back seats down and wiggled around looking for a bulb near where you thought and there wasn't one :( I wish there was a bulb near the amp rack since it'd make it easier to see things that are actually deep in the trunk.

My current light barely hits my bottle guage so it takes me a while to read my pressure at time.

I just went out there and dropped the back seats down and wiggled around looking for a bulb near where you thought and there wasn't one :( I wish there was a bulb near the amp rack since it'd make it easier to see things that are actually deep in the trunk.

My current light barely hits my bottle guage so it takes me a while to read my pressure at time.

Well, I must be stupid. If you can take a pic of your trunk light, I'd really appreciate it!
I could swear it wasn't on the trunk lid. I'm getting old.

Wow - I just got mine to work! It hasn't worked since I bought the car in 2003. I just unplugged and plugged the bulb back in and 'there was light'!
Open the trunk, and crane your neck to view the backside of the third brakelight. The bulb/socket is on the right (pass) side of this area of the trunk lid. By the way, I only found one bulb/socket.

OMG this is funny. I have known SN members who had no idea that there is a bulb back there.

I will get 2 new bulbs this weekend, plug them in & take a pic. Imagine if they both work? I bought my car used so maybe only 1 ever worked. If I only have 1, then there is something in there that looks like a bulb holder (white), right next to the actual white holder w/bulb and it has a hole just like a bulb used to be there.

The mystery continues. Maybe the SVT models got 2 bulbs! :rlaugh:

Got the #907 bulb I needed and finally found where it goes. Works fine now.

The people at the body shop who fixed my car must have removed it to leave the trunk open for a long time. They forgot to replace it & I did find the original bulb in a weird place.

The other 2 nearby bulb sockets were for the trunk external light in the middle/back of the trunk lid. Flashlights are good.