UPS guy dropped off a heavy box today!

• Sponsors (?)

-=NightHawk=- said:
great find, i think cams will have to hold off a little longer! :)

will they fit behind/in my stock 99 GT Premium 17" wheels?

Yes they will fit.

Nighthawk, you are right. A buddy of mine just bought the bullitt suspension kit with new springs, shocks and sway bars for $399. i thought it was a good deal for what you get:shrug:

1BAD93 said:
What are you gonna use for pads? The kit doesnt come with them right?

The calipers came loaded with brand new PBR pads so they are all set to go.

The brake fluid and the rear pads in the pic are not part of the kit. I just put them in that pic. Leaving the stock rear rotors for now. Undecided if i'm gonna do the rear Cobra kit.

Hopefully i can install this all this weekend. I just painted the calipers red. They look much better than plain black

View attachment 449611

They look awesome...i kind alike the black ones that say cobra on them..but i'll be buying these soon...i'm just about ready for brakes. And next on the list is H+R Sports and Bilsteins :)

I would have left them black except i just painted my stock fronts and rear calipers red, and kinda liked the look. I used that duplicolor brush on paint kit. A little pricey but does a good job and dries fast.

That stuff looks awesome! Can't wait to see it on your car :nice:

Quick question, if you buy the rear bracket kit, you have to grind your stock calipers to re-use them? The option would be to just buy the Mach calipers right? Also, did you have the option of drilled or slotted rotors?

BaXTeR3221 said:
Quick question, if you buy the rear bracket kit, you have to grind your stock calipers to re-use them? The option would be to just buy the Mach calipers right? Also, did you have the option of drilled or slotted rotors?

Yes, you just grind the slot that the rotor passes through slightly wider for the thicker Cobra rotor. It's not much to take out.

You can buy the bullit or mach rear calipers if you don't want to do that.

Or you can just buy the caliper bracket that holds the pads for a Cobra and use them with your stock GT calipers. The calipers themselves are the same, it's just the U-shaped bracket that the pads are held by that is different. I almost scored a set off ebay for $30 :( If you get those (or buy the Cobra rear calipers) the rear is a direct easy swap.

There was no rotor option. The rotors you get are factory 99-04 Brembo plain rotors. When you hold one in your hand, you can feel that it's well made and very solid. I'd like the bling bling of drilled/slotted, but this rotor feels like it can slow me down very well.

Buyfordracing does sell the calipers separate. The Bullitt calipers are $220 and the Mach 1 front calipers are $190 separate. If you have a 99+ Mustang you can use your stock brake lines (may need new banjo bolt and new crush washers) so then you can get your rotors somewhere else. Baer's rotors are pretty nice looking. I think they are $250 for the pair though.

I'm gonna try to install mine this weekend. Just gotta do some painting of the rotors int he center and edges where the pads don't sweep and i'm set to go.

Installed! Was pretty easy.

Of course something had to go wrong. Well it was the SS lines. They fit but the flare nut on my stock hardline was slightly smaller than the female flare end on the SS line. I couldn't use them :( But since i had the brake line cracked and brakes installed I had to use the banjo bolts with the kit with the stock lines. Also, i get a little squeal from the pass rear caliper. I forgot to use brake grease on it. I'll give it a few hundred miles to see if it goes away before i pull it apart to apply the anti-squeal. The other 3 are noise free.

So anyway i did new pads on the rear, the front Mach 1 kit and bled all 4 brakes. Let me first say the 3-year old brake fluid was NASTY! It was black and when i drained the fluid from the stock PBR's a black sludge came out.

Right away before i went for a drive the pedal was firmer than before and the sponginess i was feeling (especially on warm days) was gone.

Went for a ride to bed the brakes in. First couple stops were so-so. Drove some more, stopped, let them cool off. Then i got into a few hard stops with cooling. Let me say after 15-20 mins of driving they were great! There were a few stops i made from 60MPH where i thought i was going to plant my mach 1 chin spoiler into the pavement since the car stopped so quickly!

All through my test run not once did the ABS kick in, the pedal felt fine and the car simply stops!

I'll have pics later. I'm just cleaning up. I'm a little unhappy with the paint job i did on the rotors. I painted the hats silver and overlapped slightly into the swept area. Unfortunately the pad didn't wipe it clean as there is some jaggedness to the edge that i'll have to clean up with some sandpaper another time.

Now i'm debating doing the rear kit...which is only $175

Hopefully i can get a new set of SS lines sent to me, but since i used the banjo bolts, i'm unsure what to do now. I don't want to pull it all apart again really. The car stops fine and unsure the extra work putting the SS lines in and bleeding will be worth it. Maybe i'll just use the SS lines on my Fox, which is also getting a 13" Cobra conversion

Mustang5L5 said:
Installed! Was pretty easy.

Of course something had to go wrong. Well it was the SS lines. They fit but the flare nut on my stock hardline was slightly smaller than the female flare end on the SS line. I couldn't use them :( But since i had the brake line cracked and brakes installed I had to use the banjo bolts with the kit. Also, i get a little squeal from the pass rear caliper. I forgot to use brake grease on it. I'll give it a few hundred miles to see if it goes away before i pull it apart to apply the anti-squeal. The other 3 are noise free.

So anyway i did new pads on the rear, the front Mach 1 kit and bled all 4 brakes. Let me first say the 3-year old brake fluid was NASTY! It was black and when i drained the fluid from the stock PBR's a black sludge came out.

Right away before i went for a drive the pedal was firmer than before and the sponginess i was feeling (especially on warm days) was gone.

Went for a ride to bed the brakes in. First couple stops were so-so. Drove some more, stopped, let them cool off. Then i got into a few hard stops with cooling. Let me say after 15-20 mins of driving they were great! There were a few stops i made from 60MPH where i thought i was going to plant my mach 1 chin spoiler into the pavement since the car stopped so quickly!

All through my test run not once did the ABS kick in, the pedal felt fine and the car simply stops!

I'll have pics later. I'm just cleaning up. I'm a little unhappy with the paint job i did on the rotors. I painted the hats silver and overlapped slightly into the swept area. Unfortunately the pad didn't wipe it clean as there is some jaggedness to the edge that i'll have to clean up with some sandpaper another time.

Now i'm debating doing the rear kit...which is only $175

Hopefully i can get a new set of SS lines sent to me, but since i used the banjo bolts, i'm unsure what to do now. I don't want to pull it all apart again really. The car stops fine and unsure the extra work putting the SS lines in and bleeding will be worth it. Maybe i'll just use the SS lines on my Fox, which is also getting a 13" Cobra conversion
hey did you try switching sides for the SS lines? i installed my kit just fine on my 02 and after i got em all installed i was reading the paperwork they came with and it said the lines were different each side :shrug:

urban96 said:
hey did you try switching sides for the SS lines? i installed my kit just fine on my 02 and after i got em all installed i was reading the paperwork they came with and it said the lines were different each side :shrug:

Well, i feel like a moron. You are right. The sizes were different for each side. The two lines were bent different and i thought i had the correct line for the side. :nonono:

I'll install them another time. I need to go pick up 4 new copper crush washers anyway. Thanks for letting me know though!

Nope, the sizes are so close i didn't even notice....until i was just pointed out.

Problem is now using the correct hose on the side it doesn't seem like the head of the SS hose will be turned around to the correct angle without twisting up the line. That's why i thought it was the wrong hose for the side. The opposite side hose lines up nice, but the thread size was different.

Not a big deal. I'll take care of it another weekend

Ok pic time

First off, BLEED YOUR BRAKES! This is just nasty. This stuff is only 3 years old yet it came out black. It took the entire 32 oz bottle to bleed it. Pedal feel was MUCH better even before i took it for a test drive. Just in my driveway the pedal felt firmer and less spongy. I used Valvoline Syn Power brake fluid and i plan on bleeding my brakes yearly from now on.
View attachment 448675

Out with the old
View attachment 448677

In with the new!
pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929888

They look like Bullitt brakes minus the pony. Not really a bid deal to me. I like the look.

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929890

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929891

Hmm, just noticed i have quite a few Mach 1 styling cues on my car now

Attachments

• pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929888
    pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929888
    65.1 KB · Views: 62
  • pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929890
    pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929890
    66.2 KB · Views: 69
  • pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929891
    pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929891