v6 camaro vs v6 mustang

whats faster a 2000 v6 mustang or a mid 90's v6 camaro? both manual
whats faster a 2000 v6 mustang or a mid 90's v6 camaro? both automatic
whats faster a 2000 v6 mustang or a newer v6 camaro? both manual
whats faster a 2000 v6 mustang or a newer v6 camaro? both automatic

Both are ALL Stock

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know what the newer v6 comaro's have in them, but they're dogs. I had a guy with a 99, i believe automatic, race my four banger. I smoked him like he was in a 3 cylinder metro. I know my stang would have left him in a dust too. But i dont know about the five speeds, guessing they wouldn't be that much faster, but you never know. :shrug: . I am not a chevy guy at all :notnice: . They have some nice trucks, and a corvette :D . Other then that, i'm not all about el'comino's or monte carlo's. What kind of name is that anyway?

I find it amusing that someone in a pre-99 3.8 Stang would ever say those cars that make 200 hp and 225 tq are "dogs".

It is not uncommon at all for those "dogs" to run mid 15's..with some running quicker. Unlike the horrible Ford automatic that comes in the pre-99 years, having an automatic in the Chevy world really does not hurt you.

Way to many variables just to say X car should beat Y car. That is an easy to get your butt handed to you.

im really not one to say "chevy is better than ford" or "ford is better than chevy." i could see "a chevy corvette is better than a ford festiva" or a "mustang cobra is better than a chevy metro", but how can a person go around saying "ford is better than chevy"? i dont know, i think i'd like a late 80's or early 90's IROC camaro, i think they are pretty sharp looking cars.

just my view on things

stealthpony said:
whats faster a 2000 v6 mustang or a mid 90's v6 camaro? both manual
whats faster a 2000 v6 mustang or a mid 90's v6 camaro? both automatic
whats faster a 2000 v6 mustang or a newer v6 camaro? both manual
whats faster a 2000 v6 mustang or a newer v6 camaro? both automatic

Both are ALL Stock

With perfect drivers and conditions I consider the cars that are emboldened (is that a word?) to be faster. Just by the #s. There were a few year in the mid 90s that came with the 3.8 that evolved from the buick engine of the eighties. In a lighter car with either a superior (automatic) or similar (both use T-5 varients in the manual cars) transmission, and a arguably superior engine. The results are easy to imagine. The 3.5 or 3.4 or wahtever the **** that ****ty v6 they put in most the camaros though :notnice:

93-95 Camaro = 3.4L 160 HP
96-up = 3.8L 200 HP

Depends on the driver but if its auto vs. auto, it goes to the Camaro.

Whenever I've seen v6 vs. v6...the camaro usually came out on top. only exception was an auto camaro vs. a stick 01 mustang

ImportKILLER said:
96-up = 3.8L 200 HP

Whenever I've seen v6 vs. v6...the camaro usually came out on top. only exception was an auto camaro vs. a stick 01 mustang

Torque wins drag races, not HP.

ImportKILLER said:
96-up = 3.8L 200 HP

96 up = 190-193hp. Not 200

my friend had a 92 3.1L v6 camaro 5 spd. it was a 25 or 35 anniversary. we took it to the track and he kept dusting 2 pre 99 v6 stangs, one was an auto and the other was a 5 speed.
i own a 95 5spd v6 now and i test drove a 97 pontiac firebird with a 3.8 5 speed and a flowmaster and i think it may have had an aftermarket ram air on it. it was way faster than my 95 and i do not see where you come from where pre 99 mustangs are faster than GM's 3.8. i have never driven in a 99 or up v6 stang. the GM 3.8 is not a dog, it is compared to my 89 though, lol. my 95 v6 5spd stang with true duals is slow, if the 96 v6 is like the 97 firebird that i drove and you still got him from a roll, then that guy can't drive unless, it was running poorly or you have some good mods to get you closer to his engine's output range. no offense or nothing intended here.

Ok, I had/have (not on the road currently) a 94 Chevy Camaro with a 3.4L V6 and an automatic. Stock the engine is 160 HP and 200 TQ - I had a K&N FIPK, custom cat back, Jet Chip Stage III, Bosch Platinum +4 plugs (not that they do anything) and I used to walk all over a guy I used to work with in his 99 V6 Mustang automatic. Maybe he just couldn't drive, I don't know.

maybe he did not downshift. the 97 5 spd. firebird i drove was damn fast for a big car with a v6 and it was even knocking from a bad rod bearing. it sounded just like what my 95 did when i first got it with a bad rod bearing. i hate my 95 it is my daily driver and i bet i get more gas mileage with my 89 and it has way more power and it is carbed.