Vette or teh Kewbra??

JTAM963

Sep 5, 2004
I know its a stupid ? in this forum but just wondering everyone's thoughts. I was talking to a buddy about saving up until spring for an 03/04 cobra. I might land this job for electrician, if so will be able to save a lot to put down on a cobra, but he told me that itd be less $$ to buy a 2000 oor a bit older corvette and supacharge that thing. Was jw what you all think? I don't want to really give up on my cobra dreams, just wondering how they compare? I'm not talking the newer Z06s either..I'm 20 so def can't afford that. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think it would be cheaper to buy the Vette...at least not from what I've seen around here. I've seen Cobra's go as low as 25k.....a Vette plus s/c would run you at least 30-35 I'd bet. I don't know for sure, but aren't the s/c's for Vette's hella expensive?

FivePointStang said:
Option C: Get a Lightning. Never know when you might need to get to a job site in a hurry :) Plus, tax write off use it as a business truck!

:drool: lightnings rock, I'd love to have a 12 second truck (modded of course) that I can still haul stuff around in.

If that isn't an option for you, I'd def go cobra... The vette would be nice but if you're going FI anyway, you can get crazy power out of the 03/04s without touching the heads/cams or the internals.

+1 for lightning if you dont have a truck yet, my dad had one for about three years, blowing off drivers who think they are bad @$$ in a truck FTW. If not then cobra, iv seen a few around here w/ 30k miles for about 22k. Plus with a new blower pulley, full exhaust and intake those cars a 400hp to the ground stangs:jaw: better than buying a C5 for 28k and spending 8.5k on the supercharger and intercooler.

Lightnings suck, they are not good as a truck OR as a race car. They are teh ghey :notnice: and they are worthless unless you already have 2-3 vehicles (are rich). They are one of the least practical vehicles on the road.

You have to decide if you personally prefer a vette or a terminator. For me the choice would be an easy one.

How are lightnings one of the most least practical vehichles on the road? I think they are very practical.....alot more practical than my mustang that i can't haul job equiptment and 4 wheelers in the back....You my freind are an idiot:nonono:

:eek: This place is getting ugly.

Truck would be nice, but not sure I'd spend that much on a work truck. Crapping up a Lightning with junk is as bad as wrecking a Shelby for a movie.

Lightnings are sweet. Back to the subject though.
I think the vette would cost you more if you sc it than getting a kewbra. A kewbra has a lot more potential than a vette also, unless you are planning on a z06.

Kilgore Trout said:
Lightnings suck, they are not good as a truck OR as a race car. They are teh ghey :notnice: and they are worthless unless you already have 2-3 vehicles (are rich). They are one of the least practical vehicles on the road.

You have to decide if you personally prefer a vette or a terminator. For me the choice would be an easy one.

RtArD

DocG2828 said:
:eek: This place is getting ugly.

Truck would be nice, but not sure I'd spend that much on a work truck. Crapping up a Lightning with junk is as bad as wrecking a Shelby for a movie.

Tell me about it. There was a construction company I seen that had about 5 of them. :nonono:

No way could I ever afford a z06..haha when was the first year they made them anyway?? I saw some Corvettes with like 35k milles for about 25 gs on ebay..but let alone who even trusts ebay..also saw some nice cobras for cheap..I love the cobra..but if the LS1 engine is stronger wouldn't it make sense...people talk to me trying to downgrade the cobra..Its MY dream car...so in the end I will prob go that route..was JW how the Corvettes are with hp and all that after exhaust and stuff

Trucks ain't for racing :notnice:

In my opinion there is nothing lamer than a race truck. Call me a retard or an idiot all you want its not going to change my mind.

I have no respect for lowered mini pickups or pickups with scoops, dubs, or any other race type styling.

Kilgore Trout said:
Trucks ain't for racing :notnice:

In my opinion there is nothing lamer than a race truck. Call me a retard or an idiot all you want its not going to change my mind.

I have no respect for lowered mini pickups or pickups with scoops, dubs, or any other race type styling.

X2

For the most part I hate truck drivers more than any other driver on the road just because they all seem to think they're badass and try race at stoplights. No other group of drivers is a stupid as truck drivers it seems..though I should clarify that it's usually the ones that have a "piss on *brand*" sticker, a lift kit with huge tires, or some other worthless mod that should only be on drag cars or true offroad vehicles. Normal everyday truck drivers are fine for the most part. Diesels are a different animal...put a chip and exhaust on a diesel and you could see his taillights pretty easily.

That was off topic so to bring my post back on topic i'll say go with the cobra hands down. Looks better, easier to mod, win win situation.

Kilgore Trout said:

They would have my vote with a T-56... But they don't so I snooze... :sleep:

Vettes is the better car overall. But modding it will still cost more than the 03/04 Cobras. Blowers for those cars are freaking expensive. I suppose that's one reason why most LS1 owners opt to keep it NA and spray it.

Lightnings are sweet, but I wouldn't recommend them for a daily driver. They get only 10-13 mpg.

Vette. LS6 intake, nice cam, and you'll be set for a while (11's for sure). You can always add spray, exhaust, and ported heads later on for a bit more umph. A buddy of mine had a 650whp LS1 with just spray, cam, and intake - that's pushing it quite a bit haha. Plenty of other guys I know hit 380 with just cam.