W00t 2 much n20!

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Ok, i managed to pickup my adapter for my fuel rail today, drove 45 mins (45 mins 1 way, then back ) for a 5$ adapter....almost funny~ ANYways i went to autozone and asked for a 1 or 2 range colder plug for my stang, first they tried to sell my platnum plugs and i kinda laughed , next they dont anything listed about heat ranges, I need the part number for 1 or 2 range colder plugs for 2.3, that would just about as good as it gets! anyone who could help fill me in on this, would be my best friend ;)

• Sponsors (?)

Seek and ye shall find, the bible says. After 45 mins of going through/searching threads came up with

motorcraft AWSF22C
autolite 103 / 5143 / 5243 (not to sure on the autolites, they were crossrefernced)

====and=====

NGK Part Number
R5724-8

Description
NGK V-POWER RACING PLUG

We should really have a Tech section with this stuff in it! (*hint*)

mr_woodster said:
Ok, i managed to pickup my adapter for my fuel rail today, drove 45 mins (45 mins 1 way, then back ) for a 5$ adapter....almost funny~ ANYways i went to autozone and asked for a 1 or 2 range colder plug for my stang, first they tried to sell my platnum plugs and i kinda laughed , next they dont anything listed about heat ranges, I need the part number for 1 or 2 range colder plugs for 2.3, that would just about as good as it gets! anyone who could help fill me in on this, would be my best friend ;)

Here's the deal.
Go back to the autozone and tell the shmucks that you have a friend that works at another autozone and that they should a 200 page "MOTORCRAFT" book. It gives a heat range chart in the spark plug section. :nice:

and

Motorcraft all the way!

EDIT: I think the motorcraft book is going to dissappear from my store since I'm the only the uses it. :spot:

lol, soon. I did 99% of the install today. Wired in my activation switch to a the maplight fuse, ran the activation to the WOT switch on the t/b. Thread/sealed my fuel rail adapter and braided feul line to cylinoid, and same with nitrous (mine being a used kit, i unded most of the lines ,clean them up, blew them out and re-thread sealed them) . Drilled a hole for my fogger into my ghetto (temporary, no flaming when i post pics ;) ) ricer intake. Right now its jetted at 50hp (rear wheel i believe) i still need to get the plugs cuz pep boys nor autozone carries them, maybe gonna try a j&m performance tomorrow. So i need plugs and my bottle filled, and im ready to spray away! Already tested the noids, they clicked on and the fuel one obviously works...

As i looked through my jetting, i have a grip of jets that didnt orginally come with this kit, wich confuses me, and i am missing one jet ("20") for my 80 shot (diagram is 50/80/125/150/175). So after i get my feul pump installed and (Lord willing) the 50 shot works out perfectly, i just may jump to the 125....that should be a kick in the pants, if it holds together. I cant blow it yet though, cuz my turbo swap is still only 75% complete, parts are here, just need $ for the machine work. :nice:

edit: hey 351, are the motorcraft #'s i posted in your autozone computers? if not, it would be awsome if you could find the AZ refernce numbers, cuz i highly doubt anyone at the local autozones know anything except " are you sure you dont want platnum?" :doh:

ok, every litte thing is killing me now. Search about 20 autoparts stores and non of them carry the #' above, i mean NONE of them. I did call up Star auto parts and they cross referenced to an AUTOLITE #85 from the #103's which they dont carry. I know the 85's are not the hottest plug, but how do they match up, what is there heat range (how many up or down?) man , this is the worst part , finding the "easiest" parts.

AH, finnally found some autolite 103's (sposed to be pretty dang cold) at Kragen, now i just need to get my bottle filled. Sooo close ;) I have to laugh, the guy at kragen was ripping on autozone's around here, hes like "those dopes dont know anything, and they usually sell you crap" ....sometimes i hafta agree, im sure kragen has its faults, atleast i know i will find one later on in the build ;)