Want To Swap Gauges

maxxedout

Sep 10, 2014
My gauges in my 99 GT are messed up so I got another from another 99 and was wondering what all is is swapping. Can someone with a tuner unlock the new one or is this something the dealer must do and what mileage will it show old or new....

• Sponsors (?)

I have been told that it's possible to swap the PATS daughter board from one cluster to the other to avoid having to re-program PATS.

There's also a common problem with the printed circuit board edge connector that often can be re-soldered and repaired. This could offer you a way to keep the cluster that you have.

Check out the following on Printed circuit foil trace repair:
copy/Paste> allfordmustangs.com/forums
Plus> /forums/v6-tech/304608-my-odometer-goes-off.html#2657361

Don't count on the dealer to swap the PATS board from one cluster to another. In the same vein, don't count on a dealer to make a solder repair at the printed circuit board level.

Did you look at the information regarding the PC foil trace repair? This is a DIY job and IMO if successful is the simplest solution to your problem.

Regarding swapping the PATS daughter board, there are a limited number of daughter boards on the cluster. Suggest starting with a visual inspection.

Even better. If successful update this thread with pictures of your handy work so that others can benefit.

Last edited:
Ok had time to check it out today, found fuse #5 (15amp) blown. Replaced and all gauges power up without delay and lower right of panel with warning lights came on....then the fuse blew again. I looked and all it goes to is cluster and traction control which my car does not have. Any diagrams of the wiring or places to start looking would be great. By the way everything in the car works windows locks all electrics...

Fuse F2.5 does power the cluster and the traction control SWITCH.

Also note, that traction control and ABS are related. So even if your car does NOT have traction control IF it has ABS it has virtually all of the same wiring.

IMO this problem could be in the center console switch area or in the cluster.

If interested in getting a full set of wiring diagrams and service manual for your car I may be able to help. PM if interested.

Unplugged the two cables going to the cluster still reads dead short, unplugged ABS under the hood still grounded at fuse. Will check center console area , what am I looking for here e-brake switch or is there more under there?? I will PM you later ,I would like to get some manuals or diagrams for this car..Thanks....

Pulled the console and checked the wiring , seen nothing but the ground cleared and things work like suppose to.. I don't know what cleared it but now the ABS light is on.....I still want to get the wiring diagrams this week.