Water Damage FTL

Prime Lord

Crappy Default Title
Founding Member
Sep 19, 2000
Denver-ish
So I got washed out by the nor'easter that hit the east coast this past weekend. The Stang got water up to the door sills, my girlfriends car drowned completely, our apartment got about 5" of water in it, and the water out in the middle of the street was about 6' deep.

The front door @ 1630 (it rose another 2 feet or so from there)
dscf1290.jpg

The parking lot behind our apartment (this is where my car was parked)
dscf1289.jpg

Other pictures of the flooding can be found here

I got it out earlier in the morning and it was well safe in a parking garage at this time. It started right up and drove just fine despite having water in it.

Insurance did not total the car surprisingly enough. After my deductible I got about $450 for the repairs on my car. Just new carpet, door panels, and I'm gonna shop for some leather seats on eBay.

Unfortunately, the girlfriends car did not have comprehensive coverage, so its a complete loss and not sure what we are going to do with it. It only cost her $600 to buy it in the first place which was why it was not fully covered.

FUN!

So we've had to move out of our apartment and are staying in a hotel/efficiency place. I had to borrow a car from my folks to get around, and since I still have to work next week I had to set this up:

dscf1308c.jpg

They only have wired internet here...so I brought my router from home to use wireless and have the whole world up and running.

I'll take detailed pics of the car once I find a place to take it apart and begin the process. This is only the beginning.

• Sponsors (?)

Sucks!

Be sure to remove the carpet and use compressed air to blow out the electrical connectors even if you are not having issues, moisture like that could lead to corrosion down the line.

Damn, I know how it feels. Never the victim of a real flood, however last year a water line burst over the winter and flooded the Stang as it sat in the garage. Be prepared to strip that interior COMPLETELY apart.

Well, with the hell of having to evacuate/abandon my apartment, I haven't had a chance to get the car apart yet. And since I have to work all day today, I won't get to do it till tomorrow. And on top of that, I have to rent a storage unit/garage to do the work in because I do not have a garage. Ugh.

Gonna have some more insurance money coming my way. The door panels are trashed. So I'm gonna get another $300 for those....anyone know where I can get some cheaper than that?

And I'm only guessing here, because I can't remember for sure, but I think when I put the dynamat down I covered ALL of the electrical wires except for the 3 connectors that stick out (for the power lumbar and the fuel pump relay). So in theory, all the wires should have been protected under the tar/aluminum dynamat. I will know for sure tomorrow when I finally get a chance to rip everything apart.

I've gutted the interior on this car 4 times now....I'm a pro at that.

Well....some progress.

I found a complete front and rear set of 2001 dark grey leather seats on eBay for $300 shipped. So I pulled the trigger on those. Meeting the insurance guy tomorrow to get him to give me money for the replacement door panels. From there, all I have to do is check all my wiring and put in new carpet & seats.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to start disassembling things today....I'll take pics and start a new thread. :nice:

I just got threw rebuilding my brakes again! second time. had to replace all electrical conections because of the battery was hooked up with the current running threw out the car. make sure to drain the oil and replace it in everything.