Fox Water/meth Injection

I'm running a Paxton novi 2000 on a 331 stroker with no intercooler, right now I see IAT around 200-200 the tune is conservative as it pulls timing and adds fuel in relation to intake temps. I'm thinking of adding water meth can anyone who is running a water/meth set up tell me how much I can really expect intake temps to drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Water methanol can significantly drop intake temp. You'll see depending on how much methanol you mix in 60 degree drop some more information on that I would consult a manufacturer like snow performance. However I'm concerned as to why you're seeing 200 degree temp with a centrifical supercharger. That temperature is in line with the root style non intercooled where are you pulling air from if you're not pulling it from the fender I would suggest that you start

As an example I remote mounted an M90 Roots supercharger to my 302 non intercooled and saw intake temp around 220 at the top of 4th gear on a 90-degree day. Simply adding an intercooler air-to-air front mount the intake temps now almost never exceed 135

As of now the air cleaner sits right under the supercharger and is pulling air from the engine bay. I know that's half my problem I just switched the car to megasquirt so I'm still working things out. Moving the air cleaner back to the fender is my next project I'm hoping that with the water meth can get me in the low 100 degree range

As of now the air cleaner sits right under the supercharger and is pulling air from the engine bay. I know that's half my problem I just switched the car to megasquirt so I'm still working things out. Moving the air cleaner back to the fender is my next project I'm hoping that with the water meth can get me in the low 100 degree range

If that's the case do whatever you have to to get the air cleaner in the fender. If you are having any issues with the megasquirt you should visit my megasquirt help thread it's right here.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/steves-megasquirt-tunerstudio-help-thread.888730/

I will help any way I can including helping you adjust the tune and showing you how to use the software I have a few videos up that go through the software and data logging features

Reactions: 1 user
The benefits of water/meth are two fold. Not only do you cool your intake temps, but the methanol will actually increase fuel octane and richen your fuel mixture, allowing you add more ignition timing to your curve. I've seen guys pick up as much as 80hp with Water/meth set ups. You should be able to add at least 20-30hp to a conservative street tune.

Water/Methanol will be my next step for next season. Right now, I'm going to see what I can do with the 2.95" pulley on there.

I'm running the anderson mr freeze with -20 windshield wiper fluid . In the summer my iats drop to the 120 range from about 160 degrees. When it's cooler the temps drop about 10 degree s. Running a vortech si trim @ 15 psi.

The 2 things I worry about with water/meth is making sure you never run out/failure of system on a semi aggressive tune and corrosion. But yes you will see a significant drop in temps. Get a power pipe! That alone will drop temps and increase performance slightly.

Water methanol can significantly drop intake temp. You'll see depending on how much methanol you mix in 60 degree drop some more information on that I would consult a manufacturer like snow performance. However I'm concerned as to why you're seeing 200 degree temp with a centrifical supercharger. That temperature is in line with the root style non intercooled where are you pulling air from if you're not pulling it from the fender I would suggest that you start
200 degree inlet temps on a heat soaked blower is not atypical at all actually. As you've already stated, getting the air into the fender is the best move to help with this. Fwiw, i've seen intake temps well higher than this with mine (granted we are spinning the blower over 70k rpms)

Personally I would never even consider meth injection, if/when it fails or runs dry you'll have all the timing in the motor and at the worst time... They do make new pistons everyday though :O_o: Seriously though, a 331 with a Novi 2000 and a decent set of aluminum heads should be able to make well over 500rwhp, no need to squeak all of the hp out of the combo in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't ever plan on running the tune on the ragged edge of blowing stuff up. But when your on pump gas and air intake temps are 200+ on a decent 70 degree day it gets hard to tune any power out of the set up

@TOOLOW91 what type of iat are you seeing with your car? Just curious
@MikeH686 how bout you? (Turbo car)
Also curious for comparison
So the sensor is in the intake manifold so take that into consideration as the heat soak im sure is much greater there .

155-176 on a cool night . Sometimes cooler depending on the night

Hot days - 176-186/190

Stop and go traffic on a hot day it will see 196-206. Hottest I've ever saw was 220 but that was in 98/99 degree weather .

Again all from the sensor In the manifold .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
Mines also in the same place as Jeffs in the intake manifold when I swap out manifolds at sometime I will probably put a bung in before the throttle body. Not sure yet though