Weird CD player issues!

I've heard there are some common problems with the stock CD players such as not reading CD's in slots. Mine does this but also does 2 other weird things. 1) At night, the lighting on just the stereo blinks on and off and will sometimes be off for awhile until I touch a button. 2) Some of the buttons will stop working from time to time (like the seek > button), but other times it will work just fine.

Any ideas of the problem? The car has been broken into before and the stereo was attempted to be taken. Should I just get a new one?

• Sponsors (?)

Is the cd player a 6 disk? If it is I would just replace it but I am a somewhat stereo guy. I think they aftermarket players look better and give much better sound quality to even factory speakers.

All 6 disk changers are a somewhat flawed design.. not enough space back behind there and they will jam eventually. They were a good concept when cds first came out but now ipods and mp3's are much better. You can fit 6 cd's onto 1 cd mp3 so to me its obsolete. Id go with an alpine and most nowadays will have mp3 and ipod capabilities along with sat radio.

All 6 disk changers are a somewhat flawed design.. not enough space back behind there and they will jam eventually. They were a good concept when cds first came out but now ipods and mp3's are much better. You can fit 6 cd's onto 1 cd mp3 so to me its obsolete. Id go with an alpine and most nowadays will have mp3 and ipod capabilities along with sat radio.

You don't think it's a simple electrical issue? Seems like it works sometimes and sometimes not. Couldn't it be a loose wire?

It could very well be a lose wire but if it is I would think it would be inside the actual unit and to me it wouldnt be worth diving inside the unit. I guess it all depends on how bad it annoys you. Sorry I am not much help with the op.