Well it finally happened....

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
I finally made the 12 second club :D . We have our NHRA Division 6 National open this weekend and I thought I would make some passes in Sportsman. Made 4 passes today and it cost $125 :( . Still happy with the results. Here's the best timeslip View attachment 450577 . I made my first pass this morning and ran a 13.048 @ 113.95. I thought what the $#%&*!!! I was running that on 6psi. My mph was better by 5. Then I realized i never remembered shifting from first to second :nonono: . I made the first pass starting in 2nd gear, and still ran a 13.0 :rlaugh: . I always do my burmnouts in second gear and didn't go back to first when i was finished. The timeslip I'm showing is the next pass, made me feel a little better. According to this http://www.************.com/density.php it would have been an 11.5 @ 124.3 pass at a sea level track, I can dream can't I :D . Fun day, got to see what the car can do. MPH should be good for low 12's high 11's with traction out of the hole. My 60ft wasn't too bad but it should be better with stickier tires.

• Sponsors (?)

GREAT times considering that 3500 DA number listed on the bottom of the track slip.. that would correct out to a very low 12 at least. was that weather data right? 27.49 baro is knocking quite a bit off your times alone.

EDIT!!

I did the time correction and it comes out to a 12.1 @118

What track did you run at, because with the weather data on that slip the track would need to be very close to sea level to get a DA number of 3500 or so..

svttech76 said:
GREAT times considering that 3500 DA number listed on the bottom of the track slip.. that would correct out to a very low 12 at least. was that weather data right? 27.49 baro is knocking quite a bit off your times alone.

EDIT!!

I did the time correction and it comes out to a 12.1 @118

What track did you run at, because with the weather data on that slip the track would need to be very close to sea level to get a DA number of 3500 or so..

If I remember correctly from back in my motorcycle racing days, his track is about 2300ft above sea level.
Also congrats Tweeked on the new times!!! Very impressive, you must be putting out some serious power to be running those times at that elevation!!

Heres' my home track http://mhdra.com/. At the start line it is 2415ft above sea level. That's at the very bottom of the page on the link i posted. That was the best race day I've seen in 2 years. We've been going through a heat wave here this summer. Average temps are between 95-100 we've had 2 cool days in a row, perfect for this Nationals. We're supposed to be back in the heatwave again today so I'm glad i went yesterday. Was fun, great crowd, hundreds of cool cars. It's televised on ESPN on Sept 11. We don't get ESPN up here though :( .

Now....time to pull that 6psi pulley off, throw it away and start making some real power. :nice:

You should still be able to run the 11psi pulley without having to result to race gas? You could maybe even go smaller still since you're working with slightly larger displcement with better flowing heads and blower cams.

Betcha wish you had the new 2.1L compressor on there, don't ya? :D