What do I pay for this car? 68 GT Coupe

stangonline

Feb 22, 2003
Ok, my uncle has had a 68 coupe in a garage for over 30 years. The first part of its life, it was driven by my aunt to about 100k miles. It's not perfect and needs a little TLC, but overall very well preserved (I haven't seen it in about 15 years though). I'll get some pictures in the next couple days to post up.

I have a couple other questions though. Supposedly, it is a GT 4spd with a 289. My uncle thinks it's a hi-po engine - I think someone told him it was at some time. Is that a typical original combo for a GT car? I'm trying to get the VIN today.

Thanks
Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

...wanted to add:

I'm working on a long-term project 67 fastback, which will be an extreme restomod. This 68 coupe that I am looking at may become my daily driver - what do you guys think about is as a daily driver car?

Oh, I know. It would probably get restored, but since it's probably a tune-up and a set of tires away from being driveable, I thought it would be nice for a while, without having to worry about a rock chip here or there :)

in 68 the only 289 that was available was a lo-po 2v 289, and it was only for a short time until they ran out of 289 engines. the 289 was replaced by the 302 in 68. you could get the 302 in 2 versions, 2v and 4v. if the engine in your 68 is a 4v it is a 302. IIRC the 68 302 4v made 250 hp, so it's no slouch especially with a 4 spd.