What the hell is "teh"?

I have been on various mustang forums for about 3 years (either lurking or as a member), and the one thing that has never made sense to me is the use of the term "teh." I assume it replaces "the," but why? It requires the same amount of typing, and I have never heard someone actually say the word "teh" in real life.

I know, sort of a dumb thread, but I have given up trying to understand this on my own.

Feel free to comment on other forum language things such as spelling owned "pwned" or "pwn3d"...:scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

'teh' is simply the word 'the' misspelled. As in the person was typing too quickly.

as for 'pwned', again it is a typo. The 'o' and 'p' are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Another popular mis-type is the use of the exclamation point. Take this sentence: "Mustangs rule!!!!111!!!!"
The ones are in there because the person typing accidentally took his finger off of the shift key for a second. A variation of that is !!!!!111!!!!!one!!.

For more info do a google search for 'leet speak'. Here is a wiki entry about 'leet speak' WIKI

WHen Patrick was around in here, I kind of kept up on the hip lingo you E-kids use. Now I dont have a clue (it took me months and finally asking to figure out what bapples were). :D

Yes ... Lots of those things don't make sense to me :shrug:

Took me a long time to figure what IIRC was all about but, I use it all the time now :)

If I don't know what they mean ... I still sleep good at night :rlaugh:

Grady