What will take wax off the car (IMPORTANT)

RIP 112

Apr 19, 2004
Round Top, Texas
I want to get the wax off my car so I can clean the front end more thouroughly. And I want to give it a nice new shine and do more work on some little sratches behind my wheels. My brother in law suggested diesel, is this safe to my clearcoat, if not what is? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

What do you mean when you say clean the front more thoroughly? Automotive wax is nothing like floor wax, it isn't permanent and certainly doesn't build up. If it has been a while since you waxed there likely isn't anything on your paint. Most waxes are good for say 2-3 months tops on the average car, possibly a bit longer if your car is garaged most of the time.

I am assuming you are talking about using an abrassive or chemical paint cleaner like Meguiars Deep Crystal step 1 or Mothers step 1 or a cleaner wax or something along those lines???? If so don't worry about stripping the wax, they will do that without any problems whatsover.

since when did Mustangs run on Diesel ? Keep that away from your surface ! Never use anything other than something designed for wax removal, and as Bob said, normal detailing products will that just fine, and safely....

If you want to clean the surface and start fresh, go to any automotive paint supply store and grab a can of wax and grease remover.It's designed for paint and won't hurt the surface. Also, any of the 'over-spray clays' at these stores work great for removing fall out.