Whats better than a nice Fox?

welcome home. I love AAA

90.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

**** ME! I would have bought that for $4,500 as well. Plus you said he had most the AC parts also. If not, LMR sells a full kit for $750 I think.

I predict you'll drive it for 4 months, and then sell it for 6,500.

That is what is stamped on this ones tag too.

It probably is a TKO.

So wait...let me get this strait? You got rid of a new car because the payments were to high....only to buy a near 20-year-old money pit? You need to punch your financial advisor in the mouth. ;)

Brian, are you out of your mind? New cars are the worst kind of investment.

Check this out: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Cost Of Ownership & Depreciation - New '11 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Ownership Costs at InternetAutoGuide.com

$39,400k to own a 2011 Mustang for 5 years, and that doesn't even include the purchase price of the car!

Granted, much of that is going to be spent on the 5.0, too. Maintenance is going to be higher, and fuel will be too, but how much? And actually, the majority of maintenance costs are going to be oil, tires, brakes, filters, etc... for both cars. Enough to make up for the $16,761 you'll pay just in depreciation and financing? No way! Not even if you replace the engine with a new one every year in the old 5.0, lol. Not to mention insurance is going to be much more for the expensive new car, even if you still elect to go with full coverage.

Oh, and what was the difference in purchase price, again? If you are lucky enough to be able to afford paying for it straight out, then don't forget to factor in the time value of money. An 8% ROI on the $25k minimum that you wouldn't be putting into the stock market is a little less than $12k.

Getting an old mustang for a daily driver isn't the most financially sensible option, but it's still a hell of a lot of fun, and it's definitely a better financial decision than a new one. It's not really even close. Stop smoking crack!:nono:

the payment wasn't too "high" I wanted to improve my debt to income ratio is all. The bank didn't care if I had the 11 and the payment to go with it, they approved me for more than I want to spend(Hooray USAA and VA loan) without a problem. The problem was with myself if I am going to buy a house again I know that houses always cost you more monthly than they do on paper. I wasn't going to let a new car along with a new mortgage put me in a uncomfortable finacial spot no matter what the bank said.

This car has a new motor, trans, fresh rearend, new tires and brakes. If I don't go stupid and mod it more than it is I bet maintenance will be extremely low. MPG, is another story but work is only 6 miles away and I still have the Cavalier and the Civic.

Plus I like Foxes and cant pass up a good deal.