What's Next???

brian01GTconv

Sep 27, 2010
Just new to the forum and would like some honest feedback. Will be doing a Magnaflow catback soon to compliment the K&N coldair and Steeda underdrive pulleys. Question: does an after market throttlebody and plenum really help the pony count and performance noticeably? what about TB spacers, I've heard mostly negative comments on these. Any comments most welcome

• Sponsors (?)

Just new to the forum and would like some honest feedback. Will be doing a Magnaflow catback soon to compliment the K&N coldair and Steeda underdrive pulleys. Question: does an after market throttlebody and plenum really help the pony count and performance noticeably? what about TB spacers, I've heard mostly negative comments on these. Any comments most welcome

The restriction in your car isn't in the induction system, so it is money that is best spent elsewhere.

My advice, save your money for some gears, new cams, a dyno tune, lowering springs, LCA's, SFC's, and shocks/struts. You'll be much happier at the end of the day with those mods because they will make a noticeable difference in how the car handles and accelerates.

Others will likely chime in and disagree, but I'd rather start off with mods that make the car faster than invest in things that provide little to no gain w/o additional modifications.

How much are you looking to spend? Some good first mods are:

Lowering springs
shocks/struts
Full length subframe connectors
off road x or h pipe
pulleys
cams

that is roughly 1500 in mods especially if you do all the work yourself, and it will greatly improve your cars handling and power output for relatively cheap.

My advice, save your money for some gears, new cams, a dyno tune, lowering springs, LCA's, SFC's, and shocks/struts. You'll be much happier at the end of the day with those mods because they will make a noticeable difference in how the car handles and accelerates.

Others will likely chime in and disagree, but I'd rather start off with mods that make the car faster than invest in things that provide little to no gain w/o additional modifications.

Good things said above. Decide how much hp you want and stick to that goal. Buy good components the first time and "do it right".

All mustang gt's need to have
1) lowering springs
2) subframe connectors

For a NA stang the biggest hp gains from bolt-ons come from a full exhaust setup.

If you want more than ~260rwhp look at cams, heads, nitrous, FI. Etc.

Wow, thanks for the quick responses from all, really appreciated. Forgot to mention frame connectors and B&M short shifter are done and both made a difference for sure. Sounds like suspension, exhaust and gears are next up so thanks again for the feedback.

The restriction in your car isn't in the induction system, so it is money that is best spent elsewhere.

W3rd

The stock exhaust is a hell of a lot more restrictive than the stock intake. Get rid of that first :nice: