Where do you find production statistics

eaglecap

Jul 31, 2000
Where can I find a list of production statistics for the Mustang II? I have a 1975 Silver Luxury Ghia I purchased new in 1975 that I restored last year. Wondering how many were made.--Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Marti report info sharing

Is there any restrictions contained in a Marti report that make it wrong to share the information? Just curious. If a person has purchased the report and has a similar model to yours it would be the same production number information. The reason I ask is. I can appreciate the value of that information if person was restoring the car for show, but for myself I would just be deciding wether my car was "collectable" or not. ie I am trying to decide if I should go for stock or go ahead with a resto-mod. I don't want to give up on the original value of the car by modding it if it has some collectability. But I also don't want to spend money on a report if I am modifying the car from stock.
Also how much is one and where can it be ordered.
I know I can search (and will) but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Found info.
Did not realize it is only $45.
Cut and paste from original Marti report thread.

Kcobra302,

We have received your email regarding reports for Mustang IIs. If you visit this link, http://martiauto.com/report-dlx.htm, you can see what we can offer now for the Mustang II. We have been licensed by Ford Motor Company with the entire production database for all 74-78 Mustangs (we have actually been licensed with much more - we currently offer reports for all 67-73 Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles and will be offering reports for any vehicle from 1967 to 1995). Please note, we are only offering our deluxe report for the 74-78 Mustangs. Later, as we can adapt the system to do so, we will make standard and elite reports available. Also, you cannot use the online ordering form for this as it has not been set up to handle it. If you ignore this and try ordering online anyway (I can't believe I have to say this, but some people do not read), we will simply cancel the order out of the system. To order, you must call the number below and specify that you are ordering for a 74-78 Mustang II. Please also note that it will probably take 3-4 weeks for your order to be completed due to the technical issues involved in bringing all this data into the system. It is a very complex
computation task. We will not have anything else available for the Mustang II owners for at least half a year. Calling us and asking will not change that fact. Any customized data research will not be available for at least half a year.

If we see serious activity by a large group of people, we may consider offering a book like our current book, "Mustang. . . by the Numbers" (see http://martiauto.com/book-1.htm). Again, though, I must emphasize a book like this will not happen because a handful of people send lots of emails. It will only be considered if we see significant numbers of people ordering reports for their vehicles. Like you, I have a family of four kids and a wife and I am not independently wealthy. We offer services that we believe have a reasonable opportunity to provide a profit. Books require a huge
amount of upfront investment in time and money. We would be glad to offer such a book, but will only do so upon careful consideration of the potential to be able to sell over 500 copies. Anyone interested in helping this project along might consider getting Mustang II clubs to offer to purchase large quantities of the book. This is what the Cougar Club of America did and why we produced a "Cougar . . . by the Numbers" book.

If you desire to print this email in its entirety on any forum or website, please feel free to spread the word. We do like to make as much available to the Ford Mustang loyalists out there and Ford Motor Company has been a tremendous partner in making this possible.

Thank you,
Kevin Marti
Marti Auto Works
www.martiauto.com
12007 W. Peoria Ave.
El Mirage, AZ 85335
(623)935-2558

Putter said:
Is there any restrictions contained in a Marti report that make it wrong to share the information? Just curious. If a person has purchased the report and has a similar model to yours it would be the same production number information. The reason I ask is. I can appreciate the value of that information if person was restoring the car for show, but for myself I would just be deciding wether my car was "collectable" or not. ie I am trying to decide if I should go for stock or go ahead with a resto-mod. I don't want to give up on the original value of the car by modding it if it has some collectability. But I also don't want to spend money on a report if I am modifying the car from stock.
Also how much is one and where can it be ordered.
I know I can search (and will) but it doesn't hurt to ask.

There's nothing "sharable" really about a Marti report. It's specific to the individual car.

Putter said:
Does it not give totals on the type produced?
This would help someone guage if their car was dime a dozen or hard to find.
:shrug:

It gives production specifics to the actual vehicle the report is for.

For example, on the report for my car...

My car is a 1978 Mach1 that's..

One of 668 with tangerine paint

One of 123 tangerine paint and black interior

One of 336 with the V6/C3 drivetrain

One of 975 ordered from the LA DSO

So unless someone else has a tangerine/black 78 Mach1 with a V6/C3, there's really no benefit to someone else for the info on my report.

To find out stats on your car, you'd have to get your own report for it.

Just wondering for those that have ordered/received a Marti report for their II.

I ordered mine on 3/20/07 and was told 3-4 weeks, I have sent Kevin an email but am just wondering how long others waited for their reports? -Jeff

My report arrived Monday.

my-marti.jpg