Where in Houston to get longtubes done

• Sponsors (?)

Call around a get some quotes.

You could also try Slaters. I've had some small work done there and the prices weren't out of hand :shrug: The shop is located on 1960 in Atascocita (near Lake Houston) 281-446-9481

I've heard that the LT install was a pain so you could probably head over to one of the houston websites and find someone to help you, or direct you to a better shop.

for some houston sites, try:
www.westsidemustangs.com
www.fordpower.net
www.htownracing.com

Well, i would call up Houston Performance and Strictly Performance and compare their prices. Both are reputable and do good work, they just have different prices on different parts, etc.

Thanks guys, I don't want to try the install b/c its a pita. I'd rather pay, I don't know what I'm going to do about emissions though. I'll keep my Tennessee plates for as long as possible

98GTfromGA said:
Thanks guys, I don't want to try the install b/c its a pita. I'd rather pay, I don't know what I'm going to do about emissions though. I'll keep my Tennessee plates for as long as possible
Its okay, i had no problem gettin mine passed today
BTW, after you contact a few of those places, do you mind posting in here and letting us know what each of them charge? I think all of the Houston area guys would really appreciate it

:SNSign:

HoustonGT said:
Always have but that doesnt mean you can't get them put on :shrug: I don't have a problem passing emissions with my setup :D

Im not talking about passing the test, but finding a legit shop to break the law. And for them to install them they will be breaking the law.

Your best bet would be to find a small non-commercail shop to do the install. Money talk's!!!

Outlaw97GT said:
Im not talking about passing the test, but finding a legit shop to break the law. And for them to install them they will be breaking the law.

Your best bet would be to find a small non-commercail shop to do the install. Money talk's!!!
Actually, that wouldnt be breaking the law. If you had your stock midpipe with cats on and they had to take it off to install LT's, then it would be illegal. Plenty of places around here will install longtubes and do.

If nobody here will do 'em maybe I'll go to Baton Rouge or back to Memphis if I have to. I would do them myself but don't want to fool with dropping the k member. If everybody charges out the arse then maybe I will

HoustonGT said:
Actually, that wouldnt be breaking the law. If you had your stock midpipe with cats on and they had to take it off to install LT's, then it would be illegal. Plenty of places around here will install longtubes and do.

Only if they were 50-state emission headers, but you can't use your stock midpipe with LT's.
And like I said find a non-commericail shop, they will do it. Call Firestone or NTB and see what they tell you. lol

I know I deal with shops everyday and have for the last 17 years. And Ive seen shops get popped by the D.O.T. a few times, min fines start at 5000.00.

I have a couple of guys I've had work on my car recently that do good work for a good price. He has a shop in Baytown he uses to work on his race car and also other car for extra cash. I'd imagine the most he would charge would be $350. I do know of a shop that wouldn't charge over $500 also.

Houston Performance has reasonable prices and they do good work. I had BBK ceramic longtubes, BBK x-pipe w/cats, and a MagnaFlow stainless steel catback system installed for around $1,800 about 2 1/2 years ago. No problems with or passing inspections since. The only issue is minimal ground clearance with the cats, since my car has been lowered about an inch and a half.