Where in Houston to get longtubes done

GT Flyer said:
Houston Performance has reasonable prices and they do good work. I had BBK ceramic longtubes, BBK x-pipe w/cats, and a MagnaFlow stainless steel catback system installed for around $1,800 about 2 1/2 years ago. No problems with or passing inspections since. The only issue is minimal ground clearance with the cats, since my car has been lowered about an inch and a half.
Please tell me that includes the price of the headers, x-pipe, and catback as well

I'll call up Strictly and Houston Performance and post their prices so we all know

• Sponsors (?)

Well, i called around and surprisingly the 2 cheapest places have been Strictly Performance and Houston Performance. They both gave me a quote of $450, which didn't seem that bad to me. One of the other places wanted $700! :eek:

Also, don't forget that it might be a bit more since you'll have to go with a shorty x-pipe to mate up with the longtubes, so they'll have to install that as well

Strictly charged me $500, lol. Then once I dropped it off to have my clutch replaced and I brought all the parts. Went to pick it up and was told I owed them $600??? Things have changed there recently so hopefully it is for the better.

I called the shop that does most of my misc work, TRM Automotive. He told me $375 for labor to do your headers. His name is Todd Moyer(well known chevy racer) 281 487 3895.

HoustonGT said:
Well, i called around and surprisingly the 2 cheapest places have been Strictly Performance and Houston Performance. They both gave me a quote of $450, which didn't seem that bad to me. One of the other places wanted $700! :eek:

Also, don't forget that it might be a bit more since you'll have to go with a shorty x-pipe to mate up with the longtubes, so they'll have to install that as well

That is a nice price, what brand and are they ceramic coated?