Which Bullitt wheel looks best for white 2000 GT Mustang?

Which bullitt looks best on 2000 White GT Mustang

• Chrome Deep Dish

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Anthrocite Deep Dish

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
I got the HR Race on mine. It dropped 1.25 front and back and really made it corner great.
I did it myself, wasn't that bad of a job. I also installed the 4-way caster/camber plates, bilstein shocks and rear adjustable control arms. I took my time and had it all done in a day.
I initially wanted to go with the HR Super Sport Springs, but the American Muscle guy talked me out of it. I even called back hoping I might get another guy that would support those springs, but nope...
He was pretty insistant saying I would be sorry that doing so would exceed the limited suspension travel of the unibody mustang and would cause considerable rough ride and bad handling. I was glad I followed his advice cause the car rides very smooth, but handles tight. I can even go over a speed bump without tearing the under carriage of my car. I'm low enough where I can barely get my jack under the front jacking point.
I have to pull up on the body a little so the jack will slide under. It's funny how most of us don't think of these little details.. haha

Oh and I agree.. Burning Rubbers car height looks good...
It is about the same height as my car. Nobody notices much I guess cause the crappy wheels I have. Hopefully it will look better when my wheels are done. :)

Thanks I think Anthracite will be the best for it, and the car has stock springs on it right now. I plan on getting H&R lowering springs sometime soon in February when I finish making payments on it.

• Sponsors (?)

This Mustang from AM looks pretty tight too with the Athrocites...

projector lights.jpg

I got the HR Race on mine. It dropped 1.25 front and back and really made it corner great.
I did it myself, wasn't that bad of a job. I also installed the 4-way caster/camber plates, bilstein shocks and rear adjustable control arms. I took my time and had it all done in a day.
I initially wanted to go with the HR Super Sport Springs, but the American Muscle guy talked me out of it. I even called back hoping I might get another guy that would support those springs, but nope...
He was pretty insistant saying I would be sorry that doing so would exceed the limited suspension travel of the unibody mustang and would cause considerable rough ride and bad handling. I was glad I followed his advice cause the car rides very smooth, but handles tight. I can even go over a speed bump without tearing the under carriage of my car. I'm low enough where I can barely get my jack under the front jacking point.
I have to pull up on the body a little so the jack will slide under. It's funny how most of us don't think of these little details.. haha

Oh and I agree.. Burning Rubbers car height looks good...
It is about the same height as my car. Nobody notices much I guess cause the crappy wheels I have. Hopefully it will look better when my wheels are done. :)

Thats odd, almost everyone on here swears by the H&R SS springs from American Muscle, I still want to go with them because I plan on using new isolators which should help keep it from being too low... God I have a hard time deciding on what I want lol, at least I dont have the money right now to really worry about it haha.

When I did all my research AM said they sold lots of the HR Super Sport Springs, but that they didn't recommend them for best handling and ride quality.
Most bought them cause they wanted the perfect stance and were willing to sacrafice the ride quality. Even with new isolators it will drop you almost 2 inches once they settle.
I agree though, the 2 inch drop will give it a meaner stance... Let me know how you like them. Don't even ask the AM guy what he thinks though... he would probably discourage you like he did me.
Just buy them. :)

Also you will need the caster and camber plates... I would recommend the Maximum Motorsports version... they work very well.

Thats odd, almost everyone on here swears by the H&R SS springs from American Muscle, I still want to go with them because I plan on using new isolators which should help keep it from being too low... God I have a hard time deciding on what I want lol, at least I dont have the money right now to really worry about it haha.

Today I woke up thinking about my wheels again. The only problem is I am leaning toward the chrome bullits again.
I don't know why, but I really like the white 99-2004 mustang with the all chrome deep dish wheels.. I think they look bad ass..
I wonder if I can buy Anthrocites for one side of my car, and the chrome on the other side... hahah :eek:

1024-wallpaper-30.jpg

... Ya one of my OEM rims are bent which causes the car to shake the steering wheel whenever I brake at speeds above 75mph, its really annoying. Thats why I plan on getting the deep dish anthracite rims to match the stockers.

Sorry for thread-jacking, but I just wanted to give a quick tip. Also sorry if you're positive you have a bent rim, but if you're not positive, you might want to replace the brake rotors if your steering wheel shakes while braking. I had the same problem with mine and it was from the rotors being warped.

Your welcome here brtnstrns....
Thanks for sharing the feedback.
I too have the same problem and I know it is my brakes.
Way back when I left my emergency brake on and drove for like 5 miles or so with the brake on.
Every since then I had the problem. When I parked the car that day the brakes got so hot in the rear that
there was smoke coming out of them.. (I know it was a dumb ass move) on my part. Now I don't even use the e-brake :).

Sorry for thread-jacking, but I just wanted to give a quick tip. Also sorry if you're positive you have a bent rim, but if you're not positive, you might want to replace the brake rotors if your steering wheel shakes while braking. I had the same problem with mine and it was from the rotors being warped.

Oh no I appreciate you pointing it out! We thought it was a warped rotor originally but the brakes were done two years ago and my mechanic said the rotors were fine so we reused them. When I went to Discount tire they couldn't balance the tire and rim on one of them and they said that is what has been causing the wobble on the steering wheel. The car does it slightly while I cruise on the highway but its not bad, but gets worse under hard breaking.

Oh no I appreciate you pointing it out! We thought it was a warped rotor originally but the brakes were done two years ago and my mechanic said the rotors were fine so we reused them. When I went to Discount tire they couldn't balance the tire and rim on one of them and they said that is what has been causing the wobble on the steering wheel. The car does it slightly while I cruise on the highway but its not bad, but gets worse under hard breaking.

Okay sweet. The steering wheel wobble is pretty dang annoying.

Yeah I just hit 27k miles on my car and have been putting up with the shake for about 20k miles.. I am about ready to have the rotors turned and drop on a new set of ceramic pads. That should fix my shake problem at least. Then I will replace the stupid bouncing bear avatar. :eek:

My opinion on those is that it takes away contrast from the car, it makes it look to white.
Outside of that I think those wheels are kind of plastic looking. That is why I didn't consider those.
Now I have seen cars with this style in chrome and it looks good.

Does anyone know how to configure this message forum software to display new unread messages first?
I always have to drop to the bottom and click the "Go To First Unread" button to get the newest message.
I've been trying to figure out in the options how to configure it to display new message first, but can't find an option.
Maybe this is just old bulletin board software.

Does anyone know how to configure this message forum software to display new unread messages first?
I always have to drop to the bottom and click the "Go To First Unread" button to get the newest message.
I've been trying to figure out in the options how to configure it to display new message first, but can't find an option.
Maybe this is just old bulletin board software.

just click the little dot next to the title of the thread and it takes you right to the newest unread message

It seems that what you are showing me is what you would see before you enter the thread. My question is how to accomplish after entering the thread from a email notification. On the bottom of the notification, there are (2) options to click.
1. View This Thread (Found on the far left)
2. Unread Watched Threads (Found on the far right)

Before when I clicked "View this thread" it would take me to the top of the thread and I would have to scroll all the way down to read the new post. Today it seemed to take me to your newest post. Hopefully I am good now. :) Thanks for taking the time to help.

I have the dark theme so it may look s bit different for you, but note the little dots inside the red circle-ish things ;) that's what you clcik on to go to the first unread post. this thread doesn't have a dot anymore because I had just read it
littledot.jpg