Which cam to go with? Stock heads bottom end...

SiK91LX

Apr 23, 2003
SF, CA
Sup guys?

As of now i have a stock motor with

cold air intake
Pullies
BBK Headers
H Pipe w/ dumps
cobra clutch
a/c delete
smog delete
aluminum driveshaft
3.73s

-
I just recieved the Edelbrock RPM Intake w/ 1.7 Pedestel mount rockers and BBK fuel pressure regulator

I dont know which cam to go with?

ANyone know the right one? I will be changing my heads by the end of April or Early May - Maybe AfR185s or Gt40s..

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

There's a pretty big difference between AFR 185's and GT-40 heads. Your head selection will ultimately determine your cam selection, but most people will probably recommend a custom camshaft. Also, you said you recieved pedestal mount rockers. I'm not sure if AFR makes heads that use pedestal rockers (someone know for sure?). I would just add the 1.7's now, which should give you a little more power. Why did you buy the Edelbrock RPM? Are you planning on more cubes, a power adder, or higher revs later on? I've heard from many people that the RPM will cause you to lose some low end torque on a lightly modded engine. It's mainly designed for a higher RPM powerband. I hope I didn't get too far off topic, I just wanted to help you with your whole combination.

Reason why i got a RPM is because yes, laster on im getting Novi2000 by Early summer so i want to plan things ahead of time-

And arent RPMS work good on stock heads also? Im gonna install the intake and rockers tomorrow and see how it goes - As of now im runnin 13.8s... Hope to go mid to low 13s on Friday :banana:

imo if you planned on getting a blower you should have bought the RPM II just for the fact that it moves more air and thats what your trying to do. i would defineltely go with the 185s. give ed curtis a call and have him grind you a cam. well worth the money spent. if you do go with an off the shelf, id do searchesto see what other people are using and what kinda results they are getting.