Will Gears Void Warranty?

• Sponsors (?)

In order for a manufacturer to void your factory warranty the Aftermarket Part must be proven to cause the failure of the defective part. That's according to the Magnisun-Moss act(hope I spelled it right). I've worked at car dealers for a long time so I know. For example if you have pulleys on your car and your alternator takes a crap. They are going to blame the pulleys for spinning the alternetor slower. The only thing that gets voided with gears is the differnetial assembely, Carrier, bearings, axles,etc...
Gears don't change the power output of the motor or exceed manufaturer guide lines so you can get away with those depending on the dealer. I know from personal experience. There are a few huge things that will void your warranty supercharger(except for steeda at an authorized Steeda dealer), Turbocharger, Nitrous, and a chip(except for steeda na tune at Steeda dealer). I have seen motor claims not only at Ford, but at Chevy for aftermarket computer chips. With all the new cars being electricaly contrlled this is one thing they look for. A chip modifies the manufacturer's set guide lines, changind A/F ratio, timing, shift points, raising top speed limiter, and even raising the red line. Hope that this helps a little.

One after market part can't void your whole warranty. Contrary to what most people think, the manufacturer has to be able prove the after market part caused the problem with the part in question. Anyway, if your that worried about your warranty, drive a stock mustang. By the way, I have several mods on my car and haven't had any problems with warranty work being done on my car. If you want a better riding, faster, custom car do the mods, you won't regret it...

also as far as the person who brought up pullies saying since the alt was spinning slower that is what caused the failure

sounds like a cop out of warrenty service

if anything I think the pully would help make the alt last longer

rx7speed said:
also as far as the person who brought up pullies saying since the alt was spinning slower that is what caused the failure

sounds like a cop out of warranty service.

if anything I think the pully would help make the alt last longer

Actually by spinning the alternator slower your causing it to work harder to produce the same power output. Anyways I'm not arguing that fact but I see daily what gets voided and what doesn't. See dealership technicians hate warranty work because they get paid sometimes half they would if the customer was paying. Basically they get paid for the exact time it takes to perform the work. So a tech will do anything to get out of warranty work if he is a j#$ off.

I got 4.10s on my NA car and love them you simply can't go wrong. It may void the drivetrain warantee but doesn't that go out at 12k miles anyways? Ive never have a problem at my dealerships with my bolts ons.

I agree with dealerships trying to jack ppl around
hell someone I know was having problems with there tranny giving out on a new car and the dealership said that since he has a K&N filter that his warrenty was void so he had to deal with it himself
but then again maybe this tech was a ricer I mean we all know in ricer that a filter is good for 20-40 hp right? and that the tranny prolly couldn't handle that extra power

would still figure though that a slower alt would be better for alt life
less bearing wear/heat to hurt the alt
not trying to say your full of cow dung but would like to see more info on this if you can find it
would find it very interesting

either way I know they would never go on my car with the stock alt
sorry but a 60amp alt running a EFI car sucks
go from 13.5v to 12.4v just by turning my headlights on
GRRRRR my alt sucks
need to find a cheap swap into my car
wonder how a chevy or ford alt would fit :D