Wondering how much my Cobra is worth?

g child

Jul 14, 2003
Hello all, before I sell my Cobra I just was wondering how hard it would be and how much it was probably worth, don't know how accurate the kelly blue book is or anything, this is the first time I am trying to sell a car.

Anyhow, I just have a stock 1999 Cobra, no mods on it and it's got almost 60k miles and I live in S. Cali if that matters.

Thanks for any input anyone can give, I'm a little nervous about trying to sell it and don't know how to go about it and how much a hassle it will be.

• Sponsors (?)

Man I was affraid of that.
The cheapest one that I see in the photo add book is for 15.5, but the kbb says that my value is only 13.5?
So maybe I will be able to get 15? Man I hope, this sucks.

g child said:
Man I was affraid of that.
The cheapest one that I see in the photo add book is for 15.5, but the kbb says that my value is only 13.5?
So maybe I will be able to get 15? Man I hope, this sucks.

Yeah, it's just the way the economy is right now. Blah. Try to avoid selling it to a dealer/trading it in. They will definately low ball you, so you're better off selling the vehicle to a private party...g'luck.

Go ahead and post it in the online classified section on Stangnet's Trader and in all of the other Mustang message board classifieds. :cheers:

http://trader.stangnet.com/

Well maybe I can help. I just bought my 99 Cobra two months ago. It's 100% stock and had 63,000 miles on it when I bought it. I paid $13,800. I think that's a really good deal (low price). I shopped for 99 Cobra's for about 3 months. I would say the average selling price for a 99 Cobra with about that many miles is $14,900 - $15,200. If you really want to sell it... are you ready for this... ebay. I was very suprised at the prices that Cobras are going for on ebay. I eventually picked mine up from an Autotrader classified. The ebay prices were higher. But another thing I noticed is that 80% of the 99 Cobras listed on ebay sell. If I were you I'd list it starting at around the rock bottom price that you would take (I'd say $13,800 ish) and DON'T put a reserve. Most people pass up on reserve auctions. If you have a good presentation on there, you may get that thing bidding up to numbers you didn't think you'd get.

Good luck!

NADA guides are a little strong for normal cars but pretty close on the Cobra from what I found. I sold my GT for 13k (2k above NADA retail), it had 22k miles and was super clean, so it just depends on the car and the buyer.

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm really bumbed out right now, I sold it but took a major major loss, I ended up selling it for 13k to a friend of the family just to pay it off.