02 gt bogging down in 2nd gear when traction control light comes on

Timothyeg

Aug 23, 2020
Sayre pa
Hi everyone I have an 02 gt that has been bogging down lately a few times.When i am in 1st gear and accelerate usually around a corner the tires barely spin and sometimes don't spin ,the car Boggs down and comes back to life a short time later.It seems going from 1st to second gear when at a red light turning a corner.I hit the gas a little go into second gear and it Boggs down and the light comes on after going into second gear.I am pretty sure the traction control is off because I thought it could have something to do with it on .This is really bugging me! I have already put money into the car.It does run good but have noticed some power loss lately.I put an slp with x pipe on it and ran strong for a couple weeks now some noticeable power loss.could be bad 02 sensor among other things.Only has 74,000 miles on it.Also sounds a little muffled at times.Any help with it bogging down would be great! Luke i said traction light on and then boggs down.

• Sponsors (?)

Traction control is cutting power. Every time you start the car, TC is on. You need to disengage it every time

Reactions: 1 user
Wow,I was unaware of this but it makes sense.You seem pretty sure I will test it tomorrow. I am having issues with my car sounding like something is popping out or breaking free.a couple of times I ran the car up in 1st pretty far at redline or close.Anyway,each time I did it it made a sound like something broke or popped out.To be honest it sounded like my 89 fox body when it popped out of gear from bad synchro. THE sound was very similar. IT could be the synchros? Not sure.My hand was on the shifter in 1st gear right as I was shifting into second.It is almost at the same time I shift into 2nd gear that i hear this big pop!I wouldn't know if it was popping out of gear or not because everything is happening at the same time while i am shifting into second gear.If it is popping out of 1st I t is happening so fast as i am going into 2nd at the same time. Does this sound like a synchro problem or hitting my rev limiter?Any help would be awsome!

Wow,I was unaware of this but it makes sense.You seem pretty sure I will test it tomorrow. I am having issues with my car sounding like something is popping out or breaking free.a couple of times I ran the car up in 1st pretty far at redline or close.Anyway,each time I did it it made a sound like something broke or popped out.To be honest it sounded like my 89 fox body when it popped out of gear from bad synchro. THE sound was very similar. IT could be the synchros? Not sure.My hand was on the shifter in 1st gear right as I was shifting into second.It is almost at the same time I shift into 2nd gear that i hear this big pop!I wouldn't know if it was popping out of gear or not because everything is happening at the same time while i am shifting into second gear.If it is popping out of 1st I t is happening so fast as i am going into 2nd at the same time. Does this sound like a synchro problem or hitting my rev limiter?Any help would be awesome!

Traction controls works by:
  • Applying the rear brakes.
  • The PCM will pull timing. Results. Lowering of power. IE, bogging down.
If the traction light is coming on, the obvious conclusion is that traction control is active. To me it seems like you are at a risk of "over thinking" your problem. Check out Occam's Razor.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user