• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

02 Sensors on long tubes, or anything for that matter.

  • Thread starter Thread starter crunchie12268
  • Start date Start date Sep 26, 2005
C

crunchie12268

New Member
Aug 4, 2004
599
0
0
Manhattan, KS
Sep 26, 2005
#1
  • Sep 26, 2005
  • #1
I think I have a problem but im not sure. I recently put in a ram heavy duty clutch, B springs, and tires on the back. Ever since then my car has been a lot slower. When it is at idle and I hit the gas, it hesitates and then revs up. My a/f gauge says I am running a lot richer than I usually do. Well, I figured hey, maybe its my 02's, so I put some in.... well, I take it out on the road and realize that my entire a/f gauge has lit up and were my car is on the gauge is highlighted. (Normally it is just one or two lights that indicate were I am). I also noticed that there was no hesitation and my car pulled a lot harder. Another thing was, before it idled a lot higher, which to me suggested that I had a vaccuum leak, but I couldn't find anything. So, im driving it back to town and my gauge goes back to only showing one to two lights and my car sucks ass again.

I know that there is a fusible link inside the 02 and im wondering if they are not hitting my header and knocking the fusible link out. I also am tapped into the black wire for my a/f gauge, im wondering if it is grounding out or something. Anybody know what the deal is? Are 02's really that sensitive?
 
R

rowdie- stang

New Member
Apr 20, 2003
172
0
0
augusta ga
Sep 26, 2005
#2
  • Sep 26, 2005
  • #2
I had a similiar problem and it turned out to be my wire harness that goes to the o2 was actually shorted out on my long tube header. The header had melted 2 of the wires
 
C

crunchie12268

New Member
Aug 4, 2004
599
0
0
Manhattan, KS
Sep 26, 2005
#3
  • Sep 26, 2005
  • #3
did you just buy a new pigtail or something
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
A/F ratio gauge install questions.
  • AngryH58
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
76
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 24, 2026
squeak93
Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
207
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
169
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
D
Progress Thread Calypso Green 92 LX Hatchback
  • Dakar09
  • May 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
716
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
rednotch
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
440
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?