03 Cobra - Shifter

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Boston
I just test drove an 03 cobra, 437 rwhp. It was fun, however, the shifter in it sucked ass. I was practically punching the damn stereo everytime I shifted... and reaching across the car. Granted im used to my 04 GT, with the Roush Classic Shifter.... any way, I am considering buying the car, is there any short throw shifters out there that are worth a **** for the t-56? And do any of them have a handle that will move the shift knob back like the jack roush classic with out having to change the boot? Thanks any input would be appreciated.:notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

MGW all the way. It's been in my T-5 for a couple of months now, and it's fantastic. Shifts are very smooth, doesn't feel as notchy as the Pro-5.0 in a friend's Mustang. The handle is 360* adjustable too, and with mine angled at about 7 o'clock, it's a perfect reach and gives the perfect amount of leverage for that all important 1-2 shift. :nice:

i appreciate your input fellas, but i made a command decision this evening...

Instead of trading in my 04 GT on an 03 Cobra, yours truly is going to put a kennebell on the04, with a custom tune for my l/t's and 4.10's.

:D