03 Cobra - Shifter

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Boston
I just test drove an 03 cobra, 437 rwhp. It was fun, however, the shifter in it sucked ass. I was practically punching the damn stereo everytime I shifted... and reaching across the car. Granted im used to my 04 GT, with the Roush Classic Shifter.... any way, I am considering buying the car, is there any short throw shifters out there that are worth a **** for the t-56? And do any of them have a handle that will move the shift knob back like the jack roush classic with out having to change the boot? Thanks any input would be appreciated.

MGW all the way. It's been in my T-5 for a couple of months now, and it's fantastic. Shifts are very smooth, doesn't feel as notchy as the Pro-5.0 in a friend's Mustang. The handle is 360* adjustable too, and with mine angled at about 7 o'clock, it's a perfect reach and gives the perfect amount of leverage for that all important 1-2 shift.

i appreciate your input fellas, but i made a command decision this evening...

Instead of trading in my 04 GT on an 03 Cobra, yours truly is going to put a kennebell on the04, with a custom tune for my l/t's and 4.10's.