06 GT Electrical Short

FLANK SINATRA

Sep 17, 2022
Indiana
So whenever the driver side power windows / power seats / wipers are used the car makes the door ajar ding, the interior lights flicker on and if you adjust the seat the wiper fluid squirts.... its only the stuff on the driver side that seems to cause this.. If the intermittent wipers are on, every time the wipers go, it does the ding and lights as well.. Any ideas as to where to start and track this mess down?

• Sponsors (?)

A common problem on these cars is water intrusion into the passenger side footwell, via the cabin air filter, due to blocked cowl drains.
The smart junction box (SJB) is just behind the kick panel so when funky electrical issues like yours raise their ugly head, assume the cause is a water contaminated SJB until proven otherwise.

A common problem on these cars is water intrusion into the passenger side footwell, via the cabin air filter, due to blocked cowl drains.
The smart junction box (SJB) is just behind the kick panel so when funky electrical issues like yours raise their ugly head, assume the cause is a water contaminated SJB until proven otherwise.
I've replaced the SJB in this vehicle and also took out the rubber plugs in the cowl drains.. and to be honest, they were not even looking plugged.. I'll take a look at it, but I'm convinced the short is elsewhere. I guess I forgot to mention that I have recently replaced this.

also it didnt start to happen after I replaced the sjb.. everything was good for about 8 months or so after that was replaced. One thing that did happen though, was the fog lights no longer turn on.. Maybe the sjb I got was programmed for no fog lights?