12 Volt Constant Caused Interior Lights To Not Work And Lock Switch Is Turning On Signal Lights

Chris Lennon

Jan 8, 2017
After running a manual fan for my car (94 gt) which worked out perfectlyusing the relay method. I ran a from my radio to the relay remote switchusing the 12 volt constant againworking perfectly. Unfortunately my radio is a POS that doesn't turn off byitself (HAS ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM) that being said I usuallyjust disconnect it from the back of the radio and go about my day. Well it was dark last night and as usual Idisconnect the radio from the back but as I was shoving everything back in the was this huge spark now here's were the problem starts: IM 100%what sparked what the 12 voltconstant because my remote wire (10 gauge) slipped off I noticed it did it earlier that day I said I would fix it when I got home (I FORGOT lol) anyway continuing the story after the spark my interior don light did NOT work and now whenever I hit the unlock switch on the door my side lights come ON (turning signal lights but they do not signal they just come simultaneously) MIND YOU THIS IS THE UNLUCK SWITCH so it's really throwing me off. ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT THE PROBLEM IS???

• Sponsors (?)

Man, I just hate it when my turn lights come simultaneously.
Have you checked fuses? Not that they would be blown but whats on the same circuit as the offending lights/radio/door locks
Post was kind of hard to understand, manuel fan?
Do you mean a manuel switch for an electric fan?
Yank that radio out and see what wires are burnt or if something is fused together.

My task as a whole was to run a manual cooling fan that being said that worked perfectly I was only explaining that I use the radios 12 volt constant to run to the relay as a remote switch on for the relay. That wasn't the problem the problem is the 12 volt constant touched metal and now the lights whenever I hit the unlock switch are coming on and the mirror adjust switch doesn't work nor the done lights. I have tested the wire and there's no power going to it
Man, I just hate it when my turn lights come simultaneously.
Have you checked fuses? Not that they would be blown but whats on the same circuit as the offending lights/radio/door locks
Post was kind of hard to understand, manuel fan?
Do you mean a manuel switch for an electric fan?
Yank that radio out and see what wires are burnt or if something is fused together.

Dome lights *
My task as a whole was to run a manual cooling fan that being said that worked perfectly I was only explaining that I use the radios 12 volt constant to run to the relay as a remote switch on for the relay. That wasn't the problem the problem is the 12 volt constant touched metal and now the lights whenever I hit the unlock switch are coming on and the mirror adjust switch doesn't work nor the done lights. I have tested the wire and there's no power going to it

Check fuses?
The lights coming on when you hit the doorlock button maybe feed back from a wire that has fused itself to that circuit,
Like I said in the previous post, check which fuse is on the doorlock circuit and what else is on the same fuse circuit, interior lights, doorlocks, mirror switch on the same fuse for example.
I'm still a bit confused about the cooling fan, is that what the relay is for? If not what is the relay operating?

You need to start by obtaining a wiring diagram for your 94.

That entire rat's nest of wiring that you describe, needs to be straightened out from top to bottom and left to right. This mass of (who knows what) wiring is the real problem and the real culprit.

Please provide pics.

Things you could have fried:
Wires, wire connections, and wire traces
Fuses
Fusible links
Solenoids, and motors
Lights
EEC

After pulling fuses and checking all around with the volt meter I found I had a blown 10A fuse under the dash everything is back to working order now thank you everyone for your time and help !
You need to start by obtaining a wiring diagram for your 94.

That entire rat's nest of wiring that you describe, needs to be straightened out from top to bottom and left to right. This mass of (who knows what) wiring is the real problem and the real culprit.

Please provide pics.

Things you could have fried:
Wires, wire connections, and wire traces
Fuses
Fusible links
Solenoids, and motors
Lights
EEC