1965 Mustang Troubles

bluesdaddy

Sep 5, 2017
Hello I am very new to this site. I have searched other forums and have not be able to get any good suggestions by reading others problems. So i have decided to just try to explain the problem I am having with my Mustang..So here it goes..My Son and I have installed a 302 - 5.0 in our 1965 Mustang have a video of it running open header around the block, running fine just very loud.lol.. anyway took car to muffler shop for exhaust.. Ran well there, put on rack, pipes done , off rack and on way home. It developed a shaking and vibration that i just cant find, it even started to overheat. Luckily very close to home , made it home and put it on jack stands to try to locate problem. Only thing I could see was emergency cable bracket was rubbing on exhaust pipe.. So i removed it..started it back up idles just fine , BUT when given gas the shaking comes back????? any and all suggestions will be highly appreciated..thank y'all very much..bluesdaddy..
Participants:

• Sponsors (?)

Distributor loose and moved on you?
If its running hot (but was running normal temp before) its either running lean
or timing is off
Since you did the 5.0 conversion have you hooked a OBDII tool to it to see if its spitting out any misfire codes?
loose or broken motor mount

Running with open headers, if real short, or NO headers, worse yet, and length of time can burn/warp exhaust valves, they say. imp