Expired 1967 Mustang Convertible WC T-5 Restomod $12,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baw289

Nov 7, 2004
My father I purchased this car 10 years ago with the intent of working on it little by little until it was finished. We purchased it in Virginia where it has spent most of it's life and had a moderate restoration completed in the early 1990s. During this restoration, new floors and a trunk pan were put in, we believe a portion of the quarter panels were replaced, fresh interior, and we believe the motor was rebuilt. Our intent with the purchase of this vehicle was to build a classic roadster with a somewhat modern drivetrain that could run on the highway all day if needed. Over the past year, the original 289 was professionally rebuilt (around $5k, have receipts) and a fresh World Class T-5 transmission (4 spd with OD) was put in. We still have the original transmission in case someone wanted to put the car back to its original state. A new, custom bended exhaust was just put on within the past few months as were new leaf springs. A new steering box was put in about 5 years ago. Other items including new black interior and many other items were added over the past 10 years.

This is not a finished show car, this is not a 100% original barn find; however this is a VERY solid example of a '67 with a fresh drivetrain that will run 70 mph all day long. Everything on the car is completely functional, however as with most old cars, a few things will need some attention:

- The top was replaced during the 1990's restoration, it is functional but it is old. Also one of the power top cylinders has a slight leak.
- There is a very small leak out of the speedometer cable housing from the transmission
- Both doors have small rust spots on the lower front (pictured), and likely need to be properly aligned
- There is trim throughout the interior that needs to be replaced or restored (horn button, arm rests, radio (have original), etc)
- Before we purchased the car, the drivers door was keyed; there is a large scratch in the paint along the top of the door
Please let me know if you would like more pictures, my e-mail is [email protected] The car is located in La Crosse, WI 54601

IMG_7382.JPG
IMG_7387.JPG
IMG_7391.JPG
IMG_7395.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.